Zara Eadie MSc, BSc (Hons) MBACP, PG level Dip. Guildford/Sussex
Supporting people is my passion; I provide professional, warm and personalised counselling/therapy on a one to one basis in Guildford & West Sussex. I have a wealth of experience helping a range of people;
- Mild/moderate mental health concerns
- Developmental/family trauma
- Self esteem/confidence
- Trauma therapy/symptoms of PTSD/complex PTSD
- Depression/anxiety/grief & bereavement
- Finding meaning in life
- Young people aged 12 upwards
- Adults with addictions + friends/family counselling (N.B I currently only see those in recovery)
- Older people
- Homelessness and vulnerable young people aged 16-24
- Learning disabilities including autism and Aspergers
- Abuse counselling
- Spirituality & mindfulness/non-duality
- Coping with challenging illness
I will work collaboratively with you, utilising an integrative approach (namely psychodynamic, person centered and existential theories) to suit your needs. I also use techniques from Gestalt, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy models as well as more somatic and creative approaches where relevant.
As well as providing a warm, non-judgemental approach, I aim to help you to develop self insight and I place particular value upon the quality of our therapeutic relationship and the 'transference' that may arise.
What to expect
Many people might find going to a counsellor strange or worrying the first time; this is perfectly natural and quite common. Our first meeting will involve finding out what has brought you to seek therapy and what you would like to achieve from the process. It also gives you the opportunity to ascertain whether I would be a suitable therapist for you; someone with whom you can feel safe to share.
The therapeutic relationship is crucial to successful counselling and therapy, the quality of which will deepen and develop over time. I provide longer term and shorter term counselling/therapy, during which we will review our time together and see what has worked well and what might be more deeply looked at.
Please email, text or call me to arrange your free 30 minute initial consultation. Take the first step to a happier life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a background in Psychology and Human Biology;
- MSc Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Human Biology with Psychology.
- Dip Integrative Counselling (Post graduate level, NHS)
I am registered with, and abide by, the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
- Youth counselling service (on behalf of NHS/Virgin Care)
- Catalyst addiction counselling
- Catalyst friends and family support
- Rape & Sexual Assault Charity
- Working with dissociative states
- Older person's charity
- Autism and learning difficulties
- Anxiety/depression/bereavement/panic/complex PTSD
- Mild - moderate mental health concerns (NHS)
- Creative techniques
- Non-dual perspective/mindfulness
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Asperger's syndrome
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Older people
- Moving house/school
- Caring for others
- Young people
- Self awareness
- Personal development/growth
- Finding meaning
- Conscious counselling/awareness/transpersonal
- Shorter term therapy
- Longer term therapy
- Death; fear
- People who are in recovery from drug/alcohol use only
Photos & videos
Face to face counselling fees:
£50 per 50/min session (daytime Guildford; £55).
£45/50 minute session
I offer daytime and evening appointments at two locations:
1) Tues/Wednesday evenings at a peaceful and comfortable psychological therapies practice in Guildford (GU2): £50 per 50 minute session.
Other appointments £55 per 50 minute sessions.
2) West Sussex: day time until 7pm Monday/Thursday/Fri and Saturday mornings. £50 per 50 minute session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
West Sussex: Mon/Thurs & Friday Guildford GU2: Tues/Wed afternoon & evening
Types of client