Face to face |Online & Telephone sessions available
Supporting people is my passion; I provide professional, warm and personalised counselling/therapy on a one to one basis in my comfortable, private therapy room in Lancing, West Sussex.
Are you feeling disconnected from your (happiest) Self and others? Counselling and therapy can help you to cope with destabilising emotions, heal from past pain and traumas (including developmental trauma) and move beyond, to a happier experience of life.
I have a wealth of experience helping a wide range of people;
- Mild/moderate mental health concerns
- Developmental/family trauma
- Self esteem/confidence
- Trauma therapy/symptoms of PTSD/complex PTSD
- Somatic informed therapy
- Depression/anxiety/grief & bereavement
- Finding meaning in life
- Young people aged 12 upwards
- Adults with addictions + friends/family counselling (N.B I currently only see those in recovery)
- Recovering from toxic relationships or narcissistic abuse
- Older people
- Homelessness and vulnerable young people aged 16-24
- Learning disabilities including autism and Aspergers
- Spirituality & mindfulness/non-duality
- Coping with challenging illness
I will work collaboratively with you, utilising an integrative approach (namely psychodynamic, person centred and existential theories) to suit your needs. I also use techniques from Gestalt, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy models as well as more somatic and creative approaches where relevant.
As well as providing a warm, non-judgemental approach, I aim to help you to develop self insight and I place particular value upon the quality of our therapeutic relationship and the 'transference' that may arise.
What to expect
Many people might find talking to a stranger about themselves worrying- this is perfectly natural and quite common. Our first meeting will involve finding out what has brought you to seek therapy and what you would like to achieve from the process. It also gives you the opportunity to ascertain whether I would be a suitable therapist for you; someone with whom you can feel safe to share your issues of concern with.
The therapeutic relationship is crucial to successful counselling and therapy, the quality of which will deepen and develop over time. I provide longer term and shorter term counselling/therapy, during which we will review our time together and see what has worked well and what might be more deeply looked at.
Please email, text or call me to arrange your first step to a happier life.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a background in Psychology and Human Biology;
- MSc Psychology
- BSc (Hons) Human Biology with Psychology.
- Dip Integrative Counselling (Post graduate level, NHS)
- Training in somatic approaches to trauma therapy to be completed Oct 2021
I am registered with, and abide by, the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP).
- Youth counselling service (on behalf of NHS/Virgin Care)
- Catalyst addiction counselling
- Catalyst friends and family support
- Rape & Sexual Assault Charity
- Working with dissociative states
- Older person's charity
- Autism and learning difficulties
- Anxiety/depression/bereavement/panic/complex PTSD
- Mild - moderate mental health concerns (NHS)
- Creative techniques
- Non-dual perspective/mindfulness
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Older people
- Moving house/school
- Caring for others
- Young people
- Self awareness
- Personal development/growth
- Finding meaning
- Conscious counselling/awareness/transpersonal
- Shorter term therapy
- Longer term therapy
- Death; fear
- People who are in recovery from drug/alcohol use only
£50.00 per session
Free initial telephone session
Concessions offered for
Face to face and Online Sessions
£45 per 50 minute weekday session
£55 per 50 minute weekend session
Concessionary sessions: £35 per 50 minute session
West Sussex: Tuesday mornings, Wednesdays 9am-5pm and Saturday mornings
Online sessions also available
Wednesdays 9am-5pm and Saturdays available