Many of us suffer at times with feeling inferior, inadequate or being different to other people. You may feel anxious, confused and uncomfortable, unsure of who you are, or what you want out of life. Maybe you doubt your ability to handle day-to-day challenges, or feel that you spend too much time and energy worrying about what other people think of you.
Counselling can help you develop yourself, your confidence, your sense of who you are, and your ability to live a full and meaningful life. I can help you explore and lay to rest whatever is holding you back, and identify what you want for yourself and how to move forward.
Everybody's situation is different and we need different things at different times. Some of the ways in which I can help are;
- Talking through your experiences to understand what you are feeling
- Discussing potential coping strategies, practical steps to help you move forwards and feel more in charge
- Identifying unknown causes and triggers, and improving self-awareness
- Exploring your past to gain insight into what's happening now
- Talking through strong emotions, explore where these are coming from
- Clarifying what you need in order to move forward
- Looking at strategies for improving confidence and self-esteem
- Helping you get a better sense of who you are as a person
- Exploring different ideas and perspectives on your situation
- Helping you gain clarity about your thoughts and feelings, enabling you to put things in order
- Thinking about positive change and what you want the next chapter of your life to look like.
I have a range of strategies and practical steps to help you move on from your current situation, to get to know and love yourself better, to improve confidence and feel positive about yourself and your life journey. I can help and support you in learning more about yourself, and in making choices for yourself, in an accepting and non-pushy way. Please feel free to call or email me for further information.
Training, qualifications & experience
- 7 years' experience in NHS Occupational Health
- Concurrently 3 years' experience in local charities and 5 years in private practice
- My experience includes general counselling, domestic abuse and anger management
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Counselling Certificates Levels 1-3
Further Training & study;
- Rewind Technique
- Existential perspectives on depression
- Introduction to Emotional Freedom Technique
- Introduction to Existentialist Therapy
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy for Anxiety
- Eating Disorders Awareness
- Domestic Abuse Awareness
- Safeguarding Adults Level 2
- Prevent training
- Solution-Focussed Therapy
- Introduction to complex trauma
- Dissociative Identity Disorder awareness
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£45.00 per session
Concessions offered for
EAP/Health Insurance Providers
£35 for video call / telephone sessions
£45 standard price
I offer concessions at £10 less than standard price.
Sessions are a full 60 minutes.
Face-to-Face appointments: Wednesdays 14:00 - 19:00
Telephone/video call appointments: Tuesdays 14:00-19:00 and Saturdays 09:30-15:30