Vanessa Brown MBACP (VB Counselling Services)
Someone to support you with the challenges and difficulties that life may be throwing at you.
Someone to fully hear you, to explore and make sense of your thoughts and feelings.
Someone to be side by side with you on your journey, to help you reconnect.
My role as a counsellor is to get to know you and to help you explore and understand your responses to yourself and others and why you may feel a certain way. The relationship between us is one built on trust and respect.
I offer a safe, non-judgemental, warm and confidential space, where you can talk about challenging issues and current struggles and feelings. I am a member of the BACP and work within their ethical framework I offer one to one sessions during the week to adults.
Counselling can help you to manage life changes, anxiety, depression, relationships, anger, stress and so much more.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in Theraputic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Safeuarding (Adults and Young People)
- Working Creatively with Young People
- Experience & Training in Working with Trauma, Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Pre-trial Therapy Training
- MindEd Development
- Anxiety Training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I offer 1-2-1 appointments in Woodley, with parking available.
Sessions are 50 minutes and the cost is £50
10 minute telephone consultations are offered free of charge to see if I can offer the right support to you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client