"It is the client who knows what hurts, what directions to go, what problems are crucial, what experiences have been deeply buried."
Hello, my name is Tracie. Thank you for taking the time to connect with me, I look forward doing the same with you.
How I work
We often hear the saying "we're all in the same boat," yet I believe that although we may often find ourselves in the same storm, our boats may be very different. Some are strong vessels, some are small, and some may even be shipwrecked. Where ever you find yourself in the storm of life, I can provide a compassionate and safe space, an empathic ear, and a skilled intuition to enable you to weather that storm.
Rarely do we allow ourselves the time to focus on ourselves. We suppress the difficult emotions that cause us pain until we can hold them no longer and they spill over into different areas of our lives, preventing us from living authentically in the present moment. Yet all emotions are important and deserve equal opportunity to be heard. You deserve to be heard.....
When we allow our voice to be heard and we accept ourselves (even the bits we aren't so proud of) we are able to make choices for ourselves and can respond appropriately to life's challenges. We can become the captain of our vessel and steer it away from the jagged rocks....
Counselling can be a potent force for change! I have personally witnessed how it enriches self-awareness and nurtures growth and this introspection alone is a significant predictor of positive outcomes. Yet, I know from my considerable experience in working with struggling, anxious, depressed, and bereaved clients, that you, and you alone, have the capacity to plot your own course and to arrive at the right destination for you. I will take my place alongside you on that journey, supporting and facilitating your tolerance to take the route that you may not have previously considered, or may not have felt brave enough to face. I will challenge your thoughts and beliefs creatively, I will encourage you to find strength in the resources you already possess, and I will help you to improve your resilience so that when you no longer need my services, you will feel capable of weathering other storms.
I offer the following services:
- Face-To-Face : I offer one-to-one counselling in my own private counselling facility in St. Mary Hoo, Rochester. This may involve a traditional approach of talking and exploring, or I offer a more creative approach too which incorporates play therapy, use of materials, sand tray, and psychodrama. Whichever approach you choose, I will tailor each session to meet your needs.
- Online Counselling : This has become increasingly popular, particulalrly during the pandemic. It can be a great way for people to access counselling without the need to travel. I am confident in my experience, that the online counselling that I facilitate does not compromise any aspect of the face-to-face approach. I tend to use the Zoom platform, but I may consider other online services
- Walk and Talk : This offers an in-person approach for those clients who perhaps find the face-to-face aspect of counselling too invasive; or those who feel a connection with nature. I use the area of St. Mary Hoo, Rochester, which provides a quiet space to walk and talk against a rural and dynamic backdrop. Please note, you will need appropriate footwear for the country lanes that this route utilizes.
Training, qualifications & experience
My qualifications and experience include:
- DipCouns in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling (CPCAB)
- Registered member of the BACP
Additionally I hold certificates in:
- Mental Health Awareness course (Tiers 1 & 2)
- Mental Health First Aid
- Eating Disorder and Self-Harm
- Working Creatively
- Creative Working with Grief
- Working with Chronic pain
- Social / Media mental health
- Stress Awareness
- Personality Disorder
- Breath-work for Anxiety and Trauma Recovery
- Embodiment practices for Anxiety and Trauma Practices
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Free initial in-person, on-line or telephone consultation.
£40 per session there after.
Concessions considered for students and counselling students.
- I charge £40 per 50 minute session (Face-To-Face, Online, or Walk and Talk)
- The first session is offered free as an initial consultation
Taking the first step into accessing counselling can feel daunting. That is why I offer the first session free as an opportunity for the two of us to connect and see if we can work together. I am approachable, friendly and caring - I will do my best to ensure that you are at ease from the start.