Few things are more important than knowing who and why you are. As an open-minded, approachable therapist, I firmly believe in the transformation regular psychotherapy can have.
Psychotherapy alleviates problems in living. It helps us better understand why we interact with people in the way that we do; in ways that may no longer be helpful, or even counter-productive. Where do our feelings come from? How might we deal with the challenges of life? We can all benefit from knowing more about ourselves, and personal growth is an important goal of psychotherapy.
I provide a safe, calm and confidential environment, where you can identify, explore and work through the things that are troubling you; to better equip yourself with life's challenges.
Therapy helps depression and anxiety, low self-esteem and feelings of being overwhelmed.
I provide an invaluable mutual place in which we might think about the way you do things and why. It can have a positive impact upon your relationships and life decisions. It can reduce depression and anxiety, enabling you to improve your life.
Through our relationship, I aim to help you discover and develop new ways of approaching life; ways which are less compromised by past patterns of behaviour and thinking which have contributed to your distress and suffering in the present.
I offer short or long term on-going once-weekly psychotherapy. All communications between us will be treated in absolute confidence.
My work is regularly supervised by a senior UKCP accredited practitioner.
I also have an available space in my Beckenham Clinic. BR3
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified Psychotherapist -
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychodynamic Theory and Practice (WPF Therapy, accredited by University of Roehampton)
- BA (Applied Social Work) Bournemouth University
- Bsc (Psychology) Thames Valley University
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (City, University of London)
- 20 Years in Mental Health as Counsellor and Social Worker
- Member of BACP - British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy
- Member of FPC - The Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Various professional trainings in Counselling and Freudian practice
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
I charge £70 per hour and have a limited number of reduced fee for those on lower income.
Areas of special interest
- Generalised Anxiety
- Feeling sad
- Relationship Issues
- Low mood and Low self-esteem; attacking the sense of self.
- Obsessive behaviours
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I have wheelchair access in my Forest Hill and Shoreditch clinics.
My private practice currently covers Beckenham, Forest Hill, Waterloo, London Bridge and the City.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|