Taking Stock Counselling
We are patient and empathic , with a focus on providing quality, experienced counselling. We are specifically trained to work face to face and in a remote (video/telephone) setting.
We work with Adults and Couples.
We are registered members of the BACP(British association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and work to the ethical framework. We hold professional indemnity insurance and are DBS checked.
Our female counsellor is integratively trained with their core being Psychodynamic, this means that she is able to tailor the sessions to your needs. We are able to offer short term work which is usually 6-8 sessions or medium to long term counselling which is open ended for clients who need a safe place and dedicated time to work through their difficulties within a confidential space. She has specifically worked in the area of trauma and loss for over 7 years.
We work with loss, domestic abuse, stalking, sexual and child sexual abuse, relationship issues, anxiety disorders, depression, trauma , stress, panic attacks, mental health, self harm, work related stress, low self esteem, OCD, Post traumatic stress, separation & divorce, suicidal thoughts, bereavement, etc.
Why Contact Us?
There are so many reasons why people need counselling, especially when the future is so uncertain, and no matter what your reason, Taking Stock are able to offer you a place where you are able to talk and explore your issues and options which will help you to resolve your distress.
We cannot change our history, and there are some things out of our control, but we can change the way it impacts on our life in the here and now. I will offer you a confidential and empathic space so that together we can look at ways of understanding your situation and choosing how you would like to move forward. You are the focus of the sessions, you are in control.
Located in Bowers Gifford, with free parking and secure entry for added safety/confidentiality.
Virtual sessions cover anywhere in the UK.
THE ROOM IS ON THE 1ST FLOOR VIA STAIRS
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in counselling skills
- Certificate in online and telephone counselling
- Specific training for working with the after effects of Stalking
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- Certificate in Working with FGM
- Certificate in working with Human Trafficking
- Certificate in Working with Trauma and Dissociation
- Certificate in Bereavement Counselling
- Certificate in Working with Self Harm
- Experience with working within the legal system supporting victims of sexual crimes.
- Experience working within a Refuge setting
- Experience working within a rape and abuse agency
- Experience of group supervision and group facilitation
- Specialist training in working with those abused in childhood
- Specialist training in working with those who have experienced an abusive relationship.
- Specialist training in working with traumatic death
- Certified Facilitator of The Freedom Programme
- Developer and facilitator of Bespoke Domestic Abuse Courses
- Developer and facilitator of Bespoke Stalking Recovery Programme
- Specific training in working with the effects of Trauma
Member organisations *
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling we deal with
Counselling Sessions £40- £60 per 50 minute session. Discounts for low income.
Couples £60 per hour.
Supervision £40 per hour. Discount for Trainee Counsellors or those on low income.
Bespoke packages for groups.
Concessions offered for
I am experienced in online counselling sessions.