Taking Stock Counselling
Southend On Sea
07708 960 423
Taking Stock Counselling are experienced, patient and empathic , specialising in working with the effects of domestic abuse, sexual abuse and child sexual abuse.
We work with Adults and Couples.
We are registered members of the BACP(British association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and work to the ethical framework. We hold professional indemnity insurance and I am DBS checked.
Our female counsellor is integratively trained with their core being Psychodynamic, this means that she is able to tailor the sessions to your needs. We are able to offer short term work which is usually 6-8 sessions or medium to long term counselling which is open ended for clients who need a safe place and dedicated time to work through their difficulties within a confidential space.
We are here to listen, support and help empower you to find your own way through your issue.
There are so many reasons why people need counselling and no matter what your reason, Taking Stock are able to offer you a place where you are able to talk and explore your issues and options which will help you to resolve your distress.
We work with relationship issues, anxiety disorders, depression, trauma , stress, panic attacks, mental health, self harm, work related stress, low self esteem, OCD, Post traumatic stress, separation & divorce, suicidal thoughts, bereavement and loss, etc.
Why Contact Us?
Get the Most out of Life
We cannot change our history, but we can change the way it impacts on our life in the here and now. Together we can look at what you would like your life to be like from this point on.
Recovery From Abuse
Finding the Real You
Abuse strips us of our self esteem, confidence and identity. It is replaced with the devastation of shame, blame and guilt. We can move through this and shed those negative thoughts and feelings of worthlessness. You CAN become more.
Embrace Life’s Challenges
Life throws many surprises at us, and while we cannot predict the outcome of any situation, we can take control of how we respond to certain situations. Together, we can find a way to manage and respond in a more positive, empowering way.
Located in Southend with ample local parking, close to Prittlewell train station and local bus routes. Secure entry building for added safety/confidentiality.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in counselling skills
- Certificate for Facilitating The Freedom Programme
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- Certificate in Working with FGM
- Certificate in working with Human Trafficking
- Certificate in Working with Trauma and Dissociation
- Experience with working within the legal system supporting victims of sexual crimes.
- Experience working within a Refuge setting
- Experience working within a rape and abuse agency
- Experience of group supervision and group facilitation
- Specialist training in working with those abused in childhood
- Specialist training in working with those who have experienced an abusive relationship.
- Certified Facilitator of The Freedom Programme
- Developer and facilitator of Bespoke Domestic Abuse Courses
- Developer and facilitator of Bespoke Stalking Recover Programme
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 per hour for individuals
£60 per hour for couples
Bespoke packages for groups.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am - 8pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
I work integatively in my supervision sessions.