Taking Stock Counselling
Taking Stock Counselling are experienced, patient and empathic , specialising in working with the effects of trauma, loss, domestic abuse, sexual abuse and child sexual abuse.
We work with Adults and Couples.
We are registered members of the BACP(British association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and work to the ethical framework. We hold professional indemnity insurance and are DBS checked.
Our female counsellor is integratively trained with their core being Psychodynamic, this means that she is able to tailor the sessions to your needs. We are able to offer short term work which is usually 6-8 sessions or medium to long term counselling which is open ended for clients who need a safe place and dedicated time to work through their difficulties within a confidential space.
We work with relationship issues, anxiety disorders, depression, trauma , stress, panic attacks, mental health, self harm, work related stress, low self esteem, OCD, Post traumatic stress, separation & divorce, suicidal thoughts, bereavement and loss, etc.
Why Contact Us?
There are so many reasons why people need counselling and no matter what your reason, Taking Stock are able to offer you a place where you are able to talk and explore your issues and options which will help you to resolve your distress.
We cannot change our history, but we can change the way it impacts on our life in the here and now. I will offer you a confidential and empathic space so that together we can look at ways of understanding your situation and choosing how you would like to move forward.
Located in Bowers Gifford, with free parking and secure entry for added safety/confidentiality.
THE ROOM IS ON THE 1ST FLOOR VIA STAIRS
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in counselling skills
- Certificate for Facilitating The Freedom Programme
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- Certificate in Working with FGM
- Certificate in working with Human Trafficking
- Certificate in Working with Trauma and Dissociation
- Experience with working within the legal system supporting victims of sexual crimes.
- Experience working within a Refuge setting
- Experience working within a rape and abuse agency
- Experience of group supervision and group facilitation
- Specialist training in working with those abused in childhood
- Specialist training in working with those who have experienced an abusive relationship.
- Certified Facilitator of The Freedom Programme
- Developer and facilitator of Bespoke Domestic Abuse Courses
- Developer and facilitator of Bespoke Stalking Recover Programme
- Specific training in working with the effects of Trauma
Member organisations *
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Couples counselling
- Gestalt therapy
Counselling Sessions £25 - £60 per hour. If fees are an issue - please contact me to discuss.
Supervision £50 per hour and a half or part of. Significant discount for Trainee Counsellors or those on low income.
Bespoke packages for groups.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
8am - 8pm
Types of client
Supervision & training
I work integratively in my supervision sessions.