Taking Stock Counselling
MBACP, MNCS (ACCRED)
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
We are patient and empathic , with a focus on providing quality, experienced counselling. We are specifically trained to work face to face and in a remote (video/telephone) setting.
We work with Adults and Couples.
We are registered members of the BACP(British association of Counselling and Psychotherapy) and work to the ethical framework. We are also Accredited Members of the National Counselling Society. We hold professional indemnity insurance and are DBS checked.
Our female counsellor is integratively trained with their core being Psychodynamic, this means that she is able to tailor the sessions to your needs. We are able to offer short term work which is usually 6-8 sessions or medium to long term counselling which is open ended for clients who need a safe place and dedicated time to work through their difficulties within a confidential space. She has specifically worked in the area of trauma and loss for over 7 years.
We work with loss, domestic abuse, stalking, sexual and child sexual abuse, relationship issues, anxiety disorders, depression, trauma , gender and sexual identity, stress, panic attacks, mental health, self harm, work related stress, low self esteem, OCD, Post traumatic stress, separation & divorce, suicidal thoughts, bereavement, etc.
Why Contact Us?
There are so many reasons why people need counselling, especially when the future is so uncertain, and no matter what your reason, Taking Stock are able to offer you a place where you are able to talk and explore your issues and options which will help you to resolve your distress.
We cannot change our history, and there are some things out of our control, but we can change the way it impacts on our life in the here and now. I will offer you a confidential and empathic space so that together we can look at ways of understanding your situation and choosing how you would like to move forward. You are the focus of the sessions, you are in control.
Located in Bowers Gifford and Central Chelmsford with free parking. Close to both bus and rail links.
Virtual sessions cover anywhere in the UK.
THE ROOM IS ON THE 1ST FLOOR VIA STAIRS
Training, qualifications & experience
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in counselling skills
- Certificate in online and telephone counselling
- Specific training for working with the after effects of Stalking
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- Certificate in Working with FGM
- Certificate in working with Human Trafficking
- Certificate in Working with Trauma and Dissociation
- Certificate in Bereavement Counselling
- Certificate in Working with Self Harm
- Experience with working within the legal system supporting victims of sexual crimes.
- Experience working within a Refuge setting
- Experience working within a rape and abuse agency
- Experience of group supervision and group facilitation
- Specialist training in working with those abused in childhood
- Specialist training in working with those who have experienced an abusive relationship.
- Specialist in working with the LGBTQ+ community
- Specialist training in working with traumatic death
- Certified Facilitator of The Freedom Programme
- Developer and facilitator of Bespoke Domestic Abuse Courses
- Developer and facilitator of Bespoke Stalking Recovery Programme
- Specific training in working with the effects of Trauma
Member organisations *
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Areas of counselling we deal with
From £45.00 to £70.00
Free initial telephone or online session
Counselling Sessions £45- £60 per 50 minute session.
Couples from £60 per hour.
Supervision from £45 per hour.
Bespoke packages for groups.
I offer a free 15 minute session via telephone or video.
When we work
8am - 8pm
I am experienced in remote counselling sessions - both video and telephone.