Susan Hall MA; BPC, BPF registered psychotherapist for individuals and couples
UNHAPPY IN YOUR PERSONAL LIFE?
- Psychoanalytic psychotherapy can help you to make lasting changes to your relationships and emotional well-being.
- It works by addressing the roots of your unhappiness, not just the symptoms.
- It is available for both individuals and couples.
- I am registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council and follow its Code of Ethics and rigorous standards for professional practice.
- I am a member of the British Psychotherapy Foundation.
Psychoanalytic psychotherapy may help you if you have relationship problems, feel anxious or depressed, or something has happened in your life which you find difficult to cope with. Perhaps you worry about something that doesn't go away despite your best efforts; or you feel an overwhelming sense of sadness, emptiness or helplessness.
Therapy suits those who want help in thinking about themselves in a new way so that they can lead more fulfilling lives. Gaining insight and understanding about yourself will enable you to think and behave differently and make better decisions. You are likely to feel stronger and feel less confused, using your feelings to guide you instead of being ruled by them.
Therapy for Couples
If your relationship is in difficulties, I provide a containing space where you can talk openly about the painful and upsetting aspects of your relationship. This may be difficult to achieve on your own without arguing or withdrawing from each other.
Sometimes couples fall into a destructive pattern of behaviour which is difficult to get out of. The qualities which attracted them to each other may have become the most annoying. Sometimes there is an event which changes the relationship, such as an affair or betrayal; a bereavement or the birth of a baby.
Couple therapy can help you to understand your relationship better and think about the best possible outcome, whether together or separately.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered with the British Psychoanalytic Council, accredited by the Professional Standards Agency.
- Member of the British Psychotherapy Foundation
- Trained at the Tavistock Clinic and British Psychotherapy Foundation, both leading centres for psychotherapy in the UK
- MA in Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy (University of Essex)
- BA(Hons) in English Literature (University of East Anglia)
- Qualified Relate therapist
- 20 years experience as a psychotherapist in private practice and the NHS
- 20 Years experience as a company director delivering training for the long term unemployed, lone parents and people with mental and physical health conditions.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Psychoanalytic Council
The British Psychoanalytic Council (BPC) is a professional association, representing the profession of psychoanalytic psychotherapy.
The organisation is itself made up of fourteen member organisations and BPC accredits the trainings of its member organisations. An individual who qualifies from one of these trainings is then eligible for entry into the BPC's register.
BPC registrants are governed by a code of ethics, a policy of continuing professional development, a statement on confidentiality and a complaints procedure. The BPC is a Member Society of the European Federation for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the Public Sector (EFPP). Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individuals: Initial Consultation (75 minutes) £75
Subsequent sessions (50 minutes) £65
Couples: Initial consultation (90 minutes) £90
Subsequent sessions (60 minutes) £75
Daytime and evening