St. Mary At The Quay
5 St. Andrews Street North
Bury St. Edmunds
0300 111 6000
Healthy Mind Counselling Service
A low cost, easy access counselling throughout Suffolk...
The service offers personal & confidential support from counsellors with the opportunity to work through:
- Relationship problems
- Family difficulties
- Personal crises
- Low self esteem
- Confidence issues
- Unresolved Childhood difficulties
- Retirement/Job difficulties/unemployment
We do not give advice but our aim is to enable you to resolve situations using your own insight and resources.
How can counselling help?
To help you understand yourself better and the way you think. Offers you the space and freedom to explore your own thoughts with an unbiased party. Can help you understand other people's point of view better.
For further information or to self-refer please:
Training, qualifications & experience
HMC is fully confidential service and operates within the professional boundaries set by the BACP (British Association for Counselling & psychotherapy) and the law.
Member organisations *
Areas of counselling we deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
This is a fee paying service:
- For those in full-time employment, £45 per session.
- For students, those with low-income, or in receipt of benefits, £20 per session (bursary rate).
- Healthy Mind counselling currently operates in Bury St Edmunds and Ipswich.
- Open ended counselling up to a maximum of 26 weeks
- Appointments last 50 minutes
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9am - 5pm with some evening appointments available in both Ipswich and Bury St Edmunds
Types of client