Stephen Stokes MNCS Accred.
Hello, I’m Stephen Stokes.
I am an integrative Counsellor, which means I have trained in different modalities and will tailor my services to meet your individual needs.
I have spent the last few years volunteering for a national bereavement charity and have worked with many different people face to face, on the phone and online. It is clear going forward from 2021 that we need to be as flexible as possible in our approach to offering support. I will work with you either on the phone or online using secure video software.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Experience
- I am a member of the National Counselling Society (NCS) I work within their Ethical Framework and abide by their Codes of Practice.
- I attend monthly supervision to ensure my practice continues to be safe and ethical.
- Foundation Certificate in Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Bath Centre for Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Accredited by the National Counselling Society
- Heartwood Centre for Counselling and Psychotherapy Training
- Prior to my training, I enjoyed a long and varied career in media.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Please let me know if you require an appointment outside of office hours.