My name is Stephen.
I'm based in Harpenden, Hertfordshire.
I’m a professional counsellor and psychotherapist who is both caring and thoughtful.
I practice a type of talking therapy called psychodynamic therapy, helping you to explore the root cause of issues which in turn can lead to longer-lasting change.
I can offer you both short term and longer term counselling services:
- Short Term (20 sessions)... providing you with emotional support while going through a difficult patch in life, such as a loss or a relationship break-up.
- Longer Term (open-ended)... providing you with therapy to help with more complex or deep-seated issues, such as depression, abuse, and trauma.
I can provide you with face to face or remote (i.e. via telephone or Zoom) counselling sessions on a weekly basis.
If you'd like to talk to me about your current situation and therapy, don't hesitate to contact me on either my mobile number or my email address.
Training, qualifications & experience
My Professional Qualification
I’m a qualified counsellor and psychotherapist, registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
I abide by a strict code of ethics and standards.
I have completed 5 years of training to an accredited (high) standard:
- 2017 Foundation In Psychodynamic Counselling
- 2018 Diploma In Psychodynamic Counselling
- 2020 Advanced Diploma In Psychodynamic Counselling.
I have been practicing for 4 years with over 580 hours of practice.
I have a significant level of training and experience, helping others with a diverse range of issues including:
- Loss & Trauma - you feel you may never get over your grief or you have suffered abuse that has left you traumitised
- Gender & Identity - you suffer from low-self confidence or don't know who you are anymore
- Anxiety & Depression - you can't stop worrying, you feel stressed or you can't face the world
- Relationships - you feel stuck in your relationship or can't seem to find love
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My fee for each 50 minute weekly session is £50.
I am currently offering remote counselling and psychotherapy services.
You can also find me on LinkedIn at