Sonal Thakrar MSc, BSc (Hons), Clin.Dip. UKCP (Reg). MBACP
What I offer
A safe, non-judgmental and confidential space for us to explore things that are on your mind. Coming to counselling can sometimes feel like a big step to take and our initial focus would be to explore what you may need and how we can work together.
One of the biggest contributors to successful therapy is trust and the relationship between us, so our first step would be to see if I am the right therapist for you. My aim is to support you, wherever you are on your journey.
How I work
I am a qualified Integrative Psychotherapist; Trained in a range of therapeutic schools and techniques, tailored to your individual needs.
Whether you are suffering from anxiety, depression or stress that is impacting your health and relationships, we can start the journey towards your well-being together.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have worked as a communications professional in the private sector for several years and began my journey in mental health by becoming a Samaritan in 2004 and subsequently training to become a counsellor and psychotherapist. I understand how stress can impact your mental and physical health and the challenges that we experience at different times in our lives in different settings; Whether at home, work, school, college and university. I combine my communication skills and training as a therapist to create a safe space in which we can explore and work through your difficulties together.
• MSc in Integrative Psychotherapy (Middlesex University)
• Clinical Diploma in Integrative Psychodynamic Counselling (Metanoia Institute)
• Mental Health First Aid Certificate (MHFA England)
• Registered member of UKCP and BACP. I abide by the UKCP and BACP ethical guidelines
• My work is insured and supervised by an experienced UKCP registered psychotherapist
In addition to my private practice, I have experience in the charitable sector, working as a counsellor at Hillingdon Mind, Windsor, Slough & Maidenhead Counselling Service and at the Metanoia Counselling and Psychotherapy Service. I also volunteered as a Samaritan for four years.
Continuous Personal Development
• Assistant Tutor: Integrative Psychotherapy Programme with Metanoia Institute
• An Introduction to Deaf Awareness & British Sign Language
• Safeguarding Training, Mind
• How to Work with Shame
• Working with Core Beliefs of Never Good Enough
• Prevent Training
• Working Therapeutically with Disordered Eating and Eating Disorders
• Safeguarding Training, Windsor & Maidenhead Counselling Service
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I'm experienced in working with sexuality, race, identity, shame and social, cultural issues.
Free 15 minute telephone consultation
£35 initial face to face consultation (50 minutes)
£55 per session (50 minutes).
I work across two sites:
Accessible with free on site parking and a 2 minute walk from Uxbridge underground station:
Redford Way, Belmont Rd, Uxbridge UB8 1SZ
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Waiting list at present.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|