Sole Jewell BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist, CBT and Life Coach.
I am a Humanistic Integrative counsellor and use Person-Centred, Transactional Analysis, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy and Gestalt techniques depending on the individual needs of my clients. As a counsellor and independent practitioner I am bound by Ethical Framework Conduct Procedures. In addition to working with adults, I work with children and adolescents.
Counselling is about talking but is also about changes. I will work with you to explore the problems and help you to find your own path. I am warm and honest, I really hope I am the person that you are looking for to support you with your journey.
Life is very much an up-and-down hill journey with bumpy rides that we just don't foresee. Clients that I work with often feel that life is getting on top of them - they are not living the life they want. I am here to provide a safe, confidential and creative environment in which we work together to open the door to new beginning.
What do I do?
- I will arrange a free session so we can get to know each other and for both to feel that we can work together and safely.
- At our first initial session I will explain how I work with my clients, time, sessions, boundaries, Limitations, BACP guidelines, cancellations and provide time for you to ask any questions.
- I will be honest and let you know if I can help you or I might be able to offer referrals and give you further information to help you get the correct support.
People think counselling is about helping clients to change their lives. It is. But, the counsellor doesn’t tell you what to do; we support you in making decisions about your future. Counselling is about listening, caring, showing empathy, understanding and guiding clients towards finding their own path.
I hope I am the person who can help you and be there for you when you are finding things difficult. I hope to hear from you, otherwise I wish you all the best with your future and journey.
Why did I become a counsellor?
I used to listen to people talking about their problems and I instinctively felt I could help them. I trained as a counsellor and discovered I had the gift of empathy; that I was able to clearly understand how people feel when their lives are in turmoil. Often people need someone to listen and be there for them, but in my experience, through my own personal counselling as part of my training, it is someone who will be honest, supportive and able to offer direction and focus.
I knew I had found the right path for me.
Through my training, I have learnt how to ensure a client feels comfortable and relaxed enough to be able to share their worries and concerns; to be able to speak, sometimes for the first time, about the traumas they have suffered. Clients can feel able to scream or shout, to cry or get angry, I will be there beside you, completely focused on you, just listening and guiding you through the tunnel towards the light.
Part of the process of counselling that I use is to identify patterns of unhelpful or negative thoughts, behaviour or feelings that are often associated with the problems people face. We then work together to overcome the problems and to replace the negative thinking or behaviour with helpful and more positive responses.
I am not here to tell you what to do. I am here to listen and help to enhance your life and help you live it more fully, if you choose to do so.
I trained with Dorset Rape Crisis and carried out some work with their clients. Also I am part of DCFCT (The Dorset Child and Family Counseling Trust).
Very helpful, got me back to a positive mental state. The counsellor understood my difficulties. Also the counsellor treated me with respect and understanding. I would recommend this counsellor to others who are experiencing difficulties.
Sole is such a warm and welcoming person; she put me at my ease immediately. She helped me to see that I could forgive people and let go of the things that had been dragging me down. Thank you so much, I wish I had taken this step earlier.
Sole was able to help me and I felt that I could open up to her due to her caring and understanding nature. Anon
Training, qualifications & experience
My professional qualifications are as follows:
- Registered Member MBACP (Accred)
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills (CPACB)
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Life Coaching
- Level 5 CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy)
- Domestic Violence 1 & 2
- Tools for Counsellors
- NVQ Level 3 – Caring
- Safeguarding Course for Young People
- Post Qualified Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescents (Iron Mill College)
- Dorset Rape Crisis Course
- Completed Training in Mindfulness
- Working with Family System
- Can Therapy Help Clients Who Want To Make "Better Relationship Choices?
- Working for Relate
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Career counselling
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
At present I am working with clients using Humanistic and Congnitive Behaviour Therapy. Sometimes it is about the past but using CBT can help the client deal with their thoughts as behaviours can be due negative automatic thoughts from early experiences. I use Life Coaching with my clients to be able to develop strategies on how to move forward with difficulties. These three combinations of Therapy have helped me to see clients moving on in a positive way.
Sessions are in English but can also be in Spanish, if required.
Sexuality including Transgender.
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Sessions are normally on weekly or fortnightly basis depending on the nature of the situation and charges are as follows:
- £40 for a 50 minute session.
- £60 for 1.5 hour
- £60 for a 50 minutes with couples.
- £35 for Children and young people + travelling expenses, 50 minute session.
- Please be aware that I can only give you the remaining session time if you arrive late due to other client appointments I may have.
- Notified cancellations (24+ hours) before the appointment or known holidays will not be chargeable.
- Missed appointments will need to be paid for however, I will endeavour to accommodate reasonable requests for a change.
Please contact me if you would like more information or to arrange a free consultation and discuss your requirements and whether you would be happy to work with me. The consultation lasts 30 minutes.
I have been counselling people with Social and Domestic Violence issues Bereavement, Self-Esteem issues, Relationship issues, Transgender, Working with children and adolescents. All of these have given me a wide variety of exposure to working with people in a community setting and assessing their needs by either helping them directly using my counselling skills or referring them to specific outlets of expertise.
This role involves keeping secure information on sessions and understanding client confidentiality as laid down by the BACP Guidelines and by working with a Supervision Group.
My counselling qualifications and skills have enabled me to develop an understanding of peoples' needs and the most effective ways in dealing with issues through to resolution and Positive Changes.
I am very friendly and very warm but most of all very understanding on how difficult is to take the first steps and look for the right counsellor for you.
The only thing that I can say is for you to call me and try, so if you need more information I am happy to assist you.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Other languages:||English and Spanish|
Weekdays, Evenings and Weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|