I am an Integrative Counsellor (which means I integrate different therapeutic approaches to meet the needs of the client) and work with Adults, Adolescents and Couples. I can also use Clinical Hypnotherapy integrating it within the therapy should the need arise and with the clients consent. I also provide and work with Art mediums should a person wish to work this way.
I work with issues including stress, anxiety (including work-related), depression, trauma, childhood and adult abuse, loss and bereavement, divorce and separation, and childhood issues.
I am also the Director of Conscious-Competence; a Training, Coaching and Consultancy organisation.
I have twenty years experience in the following areas:
Schools; Primary, Secondary and Special Educational Needs
Charitable Organisations (working with adolescents, survivors of sexual abuse, and domestic violence)
For more information email me and www.conscious-competence.com
For Hypnotherapy please see my profile in the 'Hypnotherapy Directory'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Train the Trainer (College of Public Speaking)
- Public Speaking (College of Public Speaking)
- Psychosynthesis Psychology (4 years- ongoing)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (London College of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Hypnosis and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (University College London)
- Clinical and Applied Hypnosis Foundation 1.2.and 3. (University College London)
- Three years Child Therapy Diploma (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education/Centre for Child Mental health)
- PG Certificate in the Therapeutic and Educational Application of the Arts (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education)
- PG Cert in Child Protection and Family Support (Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust) (UEL)
- Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling (Bromley College of Higher Education)
- Train the Trainers course (MPS)
- Certificate in Working with the Survivors Sexual Abuse (UEL)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Face to Face, Online and Telephone Counselling