Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
I am an Integrative Counsellor (which means I integrate different therapeutic approaches to meet the needs of the client) and work with Adults, Adolescents and Couples. I can also use Clinical Hypnotherapy integrating it within the therapy should the need arise and with the clients consent.
I work with issues including stress, anxiety (including work-related), depression, trauma, childhood and adult abuse, loss and bereavement, divorce and separation, and childhood trauma/issues.
I am also the Creator and Director of Women Who Thrive- Becoming Your Best You- and Letting Nothing Hold You Back.
Personal Development and Wellbeing Workshops for women https://www.womenwhothrive.co.uk
I have twenty plus years experience in the following areas:
Schools; Primary, Secondary and Special Educational Needs
Charitable Organisations (working with adolescents, survivors of sexual abuse, and domestic violence)
For more information email me and www.conscious-competence.com
For Hypnotherapy please see my profile in the 'Hypnotherapy Directory'
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Train the Trainer (College of Public Speaking)
- Public Speaking (College of Public Speaking)
- Psychosynthesis Psychology (4 years- ongoing)
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnotherapy (London College of Clinical Hypnosis)
- Hypnosis and Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (University College London)
- Clinical and Applied Hypnosis Foundation 1.2.and 3. (University College London)
- Three years Child Therapy Diploma (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education/Centre for Child Mental health)
- PG Certificate in the Therapeutic and Educational Application of the Arts (Institute for Arts in Therapy and Education)
- PG Cert in Child Protection and Family Support (Tavistock and Portman NHS Trust) (UEL)
- Diploma in Integrative Therapeutic Counselling (Bromley College of Higher Education)
- Train the Trainers course (MPS)
- Certificate in Working with the Survivors Sexual Abuse (UEL)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£80.00 per session
There is an option to work weekly or two weekly
When I work
Face to Face, Online and Telephone Counselling