Sari Malhomme. Qualified Counsellor MBACP
Hello and thank you for visiting my profile. My name is Sari. I am a qualified and registered member of BACP and my practice is based in central Maidstone. I work with adults and I offer appointments most week days and weekends. Counselling work sometimes needs to be a long term intervention and other times the work can be done in what is called short term counselling. I am able to offer both, but this will always be led by you, depending on your own needs and the issues that you would like to work on.
I work for the NHS; I manage my own practice and counsel victims of crime for a local charity.
Normally I work with a number of issues such as anxiety, depression, post-traumatic or work-related stress and problems with relationships, but I specialised in:
Dementia and post diagnostic work.
Victims of Domestic Abuse.
Please contact me without any obligations on 07759 634 863 if you have any questions, I will be more than happy to help.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a fully qualified Psychological Therapist and have completed a Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling accredited by the regulatory authorities for England, Wales and Northern Ireland.
My experience has been mostly working with younger and older adults. As well as being a generic therapist I have specialist experience working with and supporting people who have experienced Mental Health Problems, Trauma, Sexual abuse and Victims post-trial. I hold an Enhanced Certificate with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS)
Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body Certificate in Counselling Studies
Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body Certificate in Counselling Skills
Additional Training and courses I have attended include:
- Awareness in Bereavement Care- A Foundation Course
- Accredited Bereavement volunteer
- Children and Young People's Bereavement Support
- Creative Skills for use in Counselling
- Sudden and Traumatic Death
- End of life care- Addressing the emotional needs
- Child Protection & Safe guarding Level 1 & 2
- Mental Health Act
- Mental Capacity Act
- Dementia Training Post Diagnostic Therapeutic Work
- KCC Basic safeguarding Adults
- Cognitive Behavioural Counselling in Mental Health
- Bipolar NICE Guidelines
- Personality Disorders NICE Guidelines
- Disclosure Training
- Suicide Prevention
- Short Term Therapy/Goal Focused
- Adult Survivors of Sexual Abuse
- Domestic Abuse
- Grooming and Stalking
- Trauma Counselling
- Trauma Support in Response to Major Emergencies.
- Couples/Relationship training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
My Fees are £40 per session but I do offer discount when appropriate, to people who may not have the financial means to meet the full price.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client