Hi, I am Sarah Holburn, a fully qualified counsellor working within Surrey and Hampshire.
I aim to provide you with a warm, safe and confidential space to explore what is troubling you. I appreciate that it can be daunting to seek help when life becomes difficult. I am passionate about the benefits of both short and long-term talking therapy to reduce isolation and create lasting change.
I offer a friendly, non-judgemental approach underpinned by professional counselling theory. Together we can explore what is challenging you and work towards positive changes.
I have experience in working with a wide variety of issues including general anxiety and social anxiety, depression, low self-esteem, loneliness, relationship problems, chronic and acute illness and disability, work stress and redundancy, traumatic life events, parenting issues, infertility, loss, and bereavement. I currently also work within the NHS supporting cancer patients and their loved ones.
Please feel free to contact me so that we can have an initial chat about what you need.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc (Hons) Psychology University of Central Lancashire
- FdSc Counselling University of Greenwich
- NCFE Counselling 1-3 Guildford College
- Counsellor within NHS, Fountain Centre, Royal Surrey Hospital
- Educator of students with complex disabilities
- Mental Health First Aid representative
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£45 per session
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I can also offer weekend and evening sessions subject to availability.
Types of client