Sometimes, life can be really tough. Together we can discuss any concerns or what may be troubling you.
I'm an Integrative Counsellor for Adults and Young People (13+) living in North Oxfordshire who works collaboratively with you to create a safe and warm environment on an open-ended and regular basis.
I believe that we all have the potential to grow and flourish. Sometimes, we just need a helping hand to have a more fulfilling way of life.
How I work
Together, we can build a relationship where you experience empathic understanding where you feel understood, as if I'm in your shoes; genuine where it's OK say, think and feel what is and also importantly, that you aren't being judged, discriminated nor marginalised by me. I work with all ethnicities, religious beliefs (or none), where difference is celebrated.
Life stressors and events can be a very challenging and lonely experience. It may be through exploring current difficulties affecting your well-being, where some may be rooted in past experiences. We could gently explore these and understand the connections to the “here and now” of your life if we agree it appropriate. Talking to and listening is not the only way to communicate; I work creatively and together we can find other ways for you to express yourself.
The beginning of our relationship
The first session is about exploring whether I am the right therapist for you and can be a one-off; it usually lasts for about 90 minutes and we identify what may be going on for you now and what your main concerning issues are. We can then discuss what your expectations and goals are, from counselling if we decide we are able to work together. Sessions thereafter are 50 minutes long and usually occur at the same time and same day.
How long do I need to be in therapy?
This is dependent on you and our work together. However, regular review sessions can be beneficial to discover what's changed, or what hasn't.
Getting in touch
I am contactable via telephone on landline 01869 251725, text message or mobile 07494 119478 or click here to send me an email.
You are welcome to contact me by phone, mobile preferably, Monday to Friday between 8:30 am and 4 pm and Saturdays between 8:30 am and 2 pm.
If I'm unable to accept your call, please let me know your preferred method of response- i.e is it OK to phone and leave a message, or email/text you?
This will enable our dialogue to remain confidential.
Training, qualifications & experience
Richmond Adult Community College, West London, 2011 - 2014
- Edexcel Diploma Level 5 in Therapeutic Counselling
- NCFE Level 3 Certificate: Counselling Skills and Theory
- NCFE Level 2 Certificate: Award in Helping Skills
Recent workshops and training
- Riverside Counselling Service, Henley-on-Thames, 2019 Working with Dreams, Recurrent Childhood Nightmares in Psychotherapy & Counselling
- Riverside Counselling Service, Henley-on-Thames, 2018 Photographs & Therapy - When a client hands you their phone
- Banbury Therapeutic Training, 2018 Psychopharmacology and Therapy - an uneasy relationship
- Banbury Therapeutic Training, 2017 Working with the Anxious Client
- Banbury Therapeutic Training, 2016 Understanding and Working with Pregnancy Loss
- Cruse, Oxford,2016 Bereavement Support Group facilitation
- Cruse, Oxford,2015 Awareness in Bereavement Counselling.
Youthline, Bracknell,2015 and 2014
- Young People and the meaning of Self Harm and Depression.
- Young People, Sex and Sexuality.
- Young People and the meaning of Self Esteem.
- Shame and Self-harm.
London Therapy Foundation, 2015
- Introduction to CBT
- Working with Chronically Depressed Patients
- Working with Male and Female Victims of Domestic Violence
- Working with Perpetrators of Domestic Violence
- Understanding Trauma PTSD
- Ashcroft Therapy Centre and Aynho - ongoing private practice
- Banbury Therapy Centre - 2 years of private practice
- Youthline, Bracknell - 2 years - Volunteer Counsellor and Volunteer Counsellor in Training BSHounslow Brentford - 1 year
- Teens & Toddlers, - 1 year London.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Miscarriage, Abortion, Neonatal, Stillbirth and Sudden Infant Death
- Ectopic and Molar pregnancies
- Young People
- Exam, peer and parental pressures
- Panic attacks
- Suicidal ideation.
For parents/carers for adolescents under the age of 18.
I offer review sessions where we can work together to enable your adolescent. These sessions occur outside your adolescent's normal day and time and last for about one hour and costs £60. Due to the confidentiality of your adolescent's and my relationship, I am disabled from sharing the content of our sessions together without her/his explicit consent.
Photos & videos
My fees are £45 per 60-minute session.
I offer concessions for persons unwaged, students or on a low income.
Fees are payable either by cash or Bank Transfer 24 hours in advance.
For young people aged under 18 and attending on their own, payment for three sessions in advance is required, once we have agreed we can work together.
For parents/carers of young people, I offer regular review sessions where you can address any concerns you have. However, due to the nature of my relationship with your young person, I am ethically bound to maintain confidentiality. These sessions take place at a mutually convenient time, outside your young person's usual day and time. A review meeting lasts for about 1 hour and costs £55.
As a qualified and registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists (BACP), I abide and adhere to the Ethical Framework for Good Practice. You can explore what you can expect of me by following this link: http://www.bacp.co.uk/ethics/EFfCP.php.
I attend regular clinical Supervision to promote and safeguard my practice and attend professional development days to uphold my professional standards.
A client testimonial,
“Sarah has helped me come so far in only a short amount of time. Not only has she helped me but she has successfully taught me how to help myself. I have always felt so comfortable talking to her and at ease in her company. She has helped me overcome so many struggles I have faced throughout my life and come to peace with them. I don't know where I would be had I not met her”. by CK, aged 18 in Buckingham
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
My counselling practice is within a house aged over 350 years. Therefore, there are some low celings, a set of stairs, and doorways. Hope this helps.
Please contact me to arrange a mutually convenient date and time. Thank you.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|