Sapna Lakhani (MA)
Are you seeking support with your emotional or mental wellbeing? Starting therapy or counselling can feel daunting, so I work to hold a non-judgemental space, in which you can feel secure, supported and understood.
I am a Creative Psychotherapist trained to a Master's Degree level, this allows me to draw upon a range of creative therapy modalities to tailor my approach to suit your specific needs and circumstances. It can include traditional talking therapy alongside creative explorations using story, image cards, IFS, mindfulness and art to name a few. So for times that you are unable to put things into words we can continue to go deep through the use of time tested non verbal therapeutic techniques. You do not need to have any prior creative or acting ability to reap the wondrous benefits of this growing modality.
We are all affected by life’s journey and can have deep-rooted, painful issues that could prevent us from reaching our potential and establishing and maintaining healthy relationships. Drawing from psychodynamic theory I offer a therapeutic container in which I stand alongside you, to address the underlying issues that hold you back from living your full potential.
The therapeutic relationship is key to successful therapeutic change, therefor our first session is at a reduced rate and will be an opportunity for us to assess whether we feel we can work well together and there is no obligation.
During the initial session we will talk about your situation, what you are seeking from therapy and your background, as well as how we could work together towards your personal goals for therapy. These can be short-term goals, such as developing coping strategies or having support for a specific difficulty in your life, or goals that require longer-term work and open-ended therapy, such as on-going life situation, childhood trauma or multiple stressors in your life.
I offer full confidentiality in line with the ethical codes of conduct of HCPC and BADTH with whom i am registered as a full member.
My other passion is supporting people to find their soul purpose, which is a methodology that has helped people find longer lasting satisfaction in life. Once we are connected to purpose we can sink deeper in to being, with a sound and comforting self-assurance. This is done through birth name analysis and a structured therapy session. This part of my work is offered either as a one of session which is a popular choice for many, or occasionally as part of a short term transforming therapy package over 3 months.
In my own journey of healing and discovering my souls purpose I passed through different career paths and began my 'wholistic' therapeutic career 15 years ago, and have a particular interest in working with women, and along side my therapy practice I offer self knowledge workshops and retreats for women. Over the years through creative therapy I have addressed my own early wounds of abandonment through bereavement and childhood trauma, and the choices i made for myself as a result. I choose to share this with you now as all of our sessions will be focused on you, however I want you to know that I too have lived and experienced the pains of being human, and there is no shame in having lived painful experiences. However dark the tunnel there is light on the other side. It would be a privilege to stand along side you in your journey towards wellbeing.
During our work together, we will explore and process the difficulties you are experiencing. Counselling and therapy is a process rather than an event and it can take time, as there is no ‘quick fix’. I believe a better understanding of ourselves, our process and our defences make for healing and growth, increasing self awareness. Within the holding of the therapeutic relationship I will offer reflections of what I witness and share insights as necessary.
Often taking the first step and seeking support is the hardest so I offer a free 15-minute phone consultation, so you can get a sense of how we may connect, plus I offer a reduced rate for the first session offering an opportunity for us to assess whether we feel we can work well together and there is no obligation.
If this sounds like something you are open to, i look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Master's degree in Drama psychotherapy (MA)
- CBT Diploma Certificate
- BA Hon in Applied Social Science
- Soul Transformation Counselling
- Reiki Master
- I have worked as a Dramatherapist with at South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust who provide the widest range of NHS mental health services in the UK, my time here included working on an older adults psychiatric ward, and with dementia patients.
- I have worked alongside NHS midwives offering therapy to women who have experienced postnatal depression, cot death, still birth, relationship difficulties and traumatic delivery.
- I have worked as part of the clinical team at a domestic violence charity, offering trauma informed therapy to women who had experienced domestic violence and sexual abuse.
- I have worked in schools across London offering individual and group therapy to children and teenagers, in addition to holding wellbeing workshops for teachers and school staff.
- In addition to private practice I currently work as an online counsellor at a growing national online therapy service, supporting young people between the ages of 11 - 25 with a range of issues, from eating difficulties, sleeping problems, suicidal ideation, self harm and relationship and family issues, sexuality and gender identity to name a few.
- In private practice I offer 50 min therapy sessions - tailored to suit your needs.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Life porpose coaching
- Initial Consultation £30.00 -50 min session
- Creative Psychotherapy & CBT Counselling £50.00 ph - 50 min session
- Soul Transformaton Therapy £90.00 - 75 min session
- 3 Month Soul Transformation Therapy Package - price on request