Sandra Richardson BA (Hons); MBACP Accred; BACP Registered
I am a qualified, Registered and Accredited* Counsellor. I continued training once qualified to enable me to work with young people and children.
*('This means that the therapist has achieved a substantial level of training and experience that has been approved by BACP'. www.itsgoodtotalk.org.uk)
Within my private practice I receive work from individuals, companies and organisations, I am experienced in working short term as well as on a long term basis.
You may be wondering if your particular concern or issue is something that I work with. I am happy to answer your questions if you would like to contact me personally, and to potentially answer your question now, I have listed below some but not all of the areas I regularly work with:
- You may be experiencing depression and/or anxiety
- You may feel that you need to make sense of how you are feeling
- Your past seems to be impacting on your happiness
- You may want to build your confidence and self esteem
- You want to talk to someone who isn’t involved like family and friends
- You may want to come to terms with a traumatic event or time in your life
- You are having relationship issues (partner, friends, colleagues)
- You want to make a decision
- Feeling that life is too much, perhaps you feel you are in a hole you cannot get out of
- That something always seems to happen and you do not achieve what you want
- That you can no longer carry around something from the past
- That you are struggling with loss or illness
- You maybe feeling overwhelmed and are unsure what you want
- You want to talk with someone who isn’t going to judge you
I believe that we are all unique, with our own individual needs and wants (even if you are not quite sure what they are right now), my aim is to assist you in getting to where you want to be in your life by offering you a professional, confidential, caring environment. I will not judge you, this is your life and our work is getting you to a place that feels right to you.
If you are unsure if counselling is for you, please feel free to contact me. You can find out more about counselling and me from my website (see link at top of the page)
I receive work from companies and organisations, Children's Services, Schools and Employee Assistance Program's (EAP).
For further information of fees please see below.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Training
Listed below are some of the qualifications and training that I have attended, it is not a full list and I strongly believe in continual learning.
- BA (hons) Integrative Counselling
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis (BACP Accredited course)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Advanced Safeguarding Children
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Certificate in Working with Children
- Creative Play
- Self Harm and Eating Disorders
- Telephone Helpline Association training course
- Adolescent Attachment Theory
- Trauma in Childhood
- Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Rewind - PTSD
- Generalized Anxiety and Panic Attacks
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
I undertake work through private medical insurance, Employee Assistance Program's (EAP) if you are eligible. I also work with schools, Childrens Service's and private companies.
Card Payments Accepted
Adult Counselling £40 per session (50 minutes) appointment arrival times 9am - 6.10pm.
Child Counselling: £60 (50 minutes)
Parent Assessment (first visit) and reviews £50.
Trainee Counsellors £30 per session. I have experience of counselling those training to be counsellors.
Counselling generally takes place of a weekly basis.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments Monday to Friday. Closed weekends and Bank Holidays. No availability until June.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|