Sandra Richardson BA (Hons); MBACP Accred; BACP Registered
I am currently counselling in person or if you would prefer not to visit my office via Zoom, Skype, Whatsapp and telephone. I am a qualified, Registered and Accredited* Counsellor. I continued training once qualified to enable me to work with young people and children.
*('This means that the therapist has achieved a substantial level of training and experience that has been approved by BACP'. www.itsgoodtotalk.org.uk)
Within my private practice I receive work from individuals, companies and organisations, I am experienced in working short term as well as on a long term basis.
You may be wondering if your particular concern or issue is something that I work with. I am happy to answer your questions if you would like to contact me personally, and to potentially answer your question now, I have listed below some but not all of the areas I regularly work with, there are many more:
- Covid-19 has brought to the surface some difficult feelings and situations for some people.
- You may be experiencing depression
- You may feel that you need to make sense of how you are feeling and find a better way of living
- Your past seems to be impacting on your happiness
- You may want to build your confidence and self esteem
- You want to talk to someone who isn’t involved like family and friends
- You may want to come to terms with a traumatic event or time in your life
- Abuse - Domestic, emotional, sexual or physical as an adult or child
- You are having relationship issues (partner, friends, colleagues)
- You want to make a decision
- Feeling that life is too much, perhaps you feel you are in a hole/tunnel you cannot get out of
- That something always seems to happen and you do not achieve what you want
- That you can no longer carry around something from the past
- That you are struggling with loss or illness
- You maybe feeling overwhelmed and are unsure what you want
- You want to talk with someone who isn’t going to judge you
I believe that we are all unique, with our own individual needs and wants (even if you are not quite sure what they are right now), my aim is to assist you in getting to where you want to be in your life by offering you a professional, confidential, caring environment. I will not judge you, this is your life and our work is getting you to a place that feels right to you.
If you are unsure if counselling is for you, please feel free to contact me. You can find out more about counselling and me from my website (see link at top of the page)
I receive work from individuals, companies and organisations, Children's Services, Schools, Insurance companies and Employee Assistance Program's (EAP).
For further information of fees please see below.
Training, qualifications & experience
Qualifications and Training
Listed below are some of the qualifications and training that I have attended, it is not a full list and I strongly believe in continual learning.
- BA (hons) Integrative Counselling
- Foundation Degree in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis (BACP Accredited course)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Certificate in Counselling Concepts
- Advanced Safeguarding Children
- Transactional Analysis 101
- Certificate in Working with Children
- Creative Play
- Self Harm and Eating Disorders
- Telephone Helpline Association training course
- Adolescent Attachment Theory
- Trauma in Childhood
- Rape and Sexual Abuse
- Rewind - PTSD
- Generalised Anxiety and Panic Attacks
- Anger Management
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
I undertake work through private medical insurance, Employee Assistance Program's (EAP) if you are eligible. I also work with schools, Childrens Service's and private companies.
Card Payments Accepted
Adult Counselling £40 per session (50 minutes) appointment arrival times 9am - 6.10pm.
Child Counselling: £60 (50 minutes)
Parent Assessment (first visit) and reviews £50.
I have experience of counselling those training to be counsellors.
Counselling generally takes place of a weekly basis although I am happy to talk to you about this if this would be difficult for you.