Sandra Pearson - MBACP
Hello, I'm Sandra. I am a fully qualified counsellor and a member of the BACP. The basis of my work is Person centered, meaning I concentrate on you as an individual and your needs. I offer you a non judgmental, genuine, non discrimination, way of working.
I have the knowledge of different theories Including CBT, Solution Focused, Short Term Therapy and creative counselling, which I can draw on when appropriate. I offer both 1-1 and relationship counselling.
My down to earth, but professional approach to counselling can help you feel relaxed, and at ease and is particularly powerful when helping you to express your concerns. I'm particularly experienced in helping clients who are suffering from stress, anxiety and depression.
For some people coming to counselling for the first time can be daunting,you may feel anxious, fearful, happy, or sad a whole range of emotions. You can rest assured you will be greeted in a warm friendly way helping you to be at ease in the shortest possible time.
Please contact me via email to arrange a free inital telephone consulation.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level four Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis and psychotherapy
- Bereavement and loss.
- Freedom program domestic violence.
- Rape and sexual abuse.
- Mind mental health community work.
- Experience of working in GP surgeries.
- People with learning and physical disabilities.
- Private Health Care Companies.
- HR Departments counselling for employees.
- Life Coaching.
- ITV After After Care Team.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Life coaching
- Health and nutritional certificate for healthy diets and lifestyle
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive analytic therapy (CAT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
Photos & videos
I offer a free initial 20-minute consultation.
Each session £30.00.
It is advisable to budget for at least six sessions if you can. More can be added if required.
Organisations, cost to be arranged.
The sessions are approximately one hour.
Counselling usually takes place on a weekly basis however this can be worked around clients to suit individual circumstances.
Payment in cash Is made at the beginning of each of the counselling session.
Cancellations twenty-four hour notice is required.
My homely counselling room is designed for you in mind with a calming, relaxing atmosphere which can help to reduce stress and anxiety.
My room in Duke street has parking outside that costs £1 per hour.
Alternately Standhope Road, is situated at the top of Duke street and is free parking for two hours.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
9 30 am 6 30 pm
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|