'Sam Polymeropoulos Inner Solutions - Adults/childrens Counsellor CBT Therapist
Hello name is Sam.
I work with Adults,Children and Young people in Lincoln within 2 different offices. I am an Adult/Child and Adolescent Counsellor, Cognitive Behavioral Therapist and Hypnotherapist.
I work individually with Adults experiencing concerns such as:
- Alcohol dependency
- Trauma/emotional distress/ PTSD
- Relationship breakdowns/ Divorce
- Domestic abuse
- Feeling overwhelmed
- Grief and loss
- Self esteem, and many more concerns which you have
If you are experiencing current or past problems that may be having an impact on you, counselling will give you the time, space and opportunity to talk about these.
What I will offer you is a confidential place to talk through worries and concerns that are affecting you. Many people seek therapy at a time in their life when they are feeling, lost, low or vulnerable or experiencing challenges. My role as a counsellor is to give you the time you need to talk and explore how and why your feeling this way.I am committed to providing Person-centered, Integrative, Humanistic Counselling and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy to Adults using a range of therapeutic techniques to meet your individual needs.
I work with children from the age of 5-18. My therapy uses a combination of tools with children, such as creative interventions, art/play therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy which allows children to express how they feel in a safe and secure environment. This can help children coping with everyday worries, such as exam stress, relationship issues with friends, family and teachers. Coping and managing self-harm, mental health concerns, grief and loss, depression and anxiety, Low self-worth, lack of self-esteem, change in schools or moving home. Experienced or witnessed Domestic abuse, Drug/Alcohol misuse, experienced trauma to name a few.
I am very passionate about the difference that can be made in early intervention in counselling children and adolescents. Therapy can support and help children to manage and cope with their current issues and concerns as well as assist them to build up resilience and develop coping strategies to use with any issues or concerns for the rest of their lives.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a vast amount of experience and qualifications working therapeutically with Adults and children in many different settings across the U.K.This includes years delivering therapeutic support and intervention to parents and carers around domestic abuse, relationship issues, Complex needs, Mental health,trauma, suicide intervention as well as drugs and alcohol misuse. I have worked one to one and in group work with children and young people in Primary and secondary school settings.I am also train and deliver counselling courses to Adults in a local college.
Qualifications I hold are ......
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling, Adults.
- Advanced Diploma in Counselling Children and Young people.
- Diploma in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Clinical Hypnotherapy Advanced Diploma
- Mental Health First Aid
- Assist Applied Suicide Intervention
- Safeguarding in Children
- Trauma-Informed practices.
- Domestic Abuse
- I have also attended training courses to assist my development and knowledge at ...
- Supporting Children and Young people experiencing Drug or Alcohol misuse.
- Prevent training.
- Autism awareness training
- Dementia awareness training
- CAMHS - Anti-stigma
- CAMHS - Suicide Awareness.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Photos & videos
My fees are ...
Adults From £40 = 1 hour appointments
Children From £35 = 45-60 mins appointment.
£55 - I write a personal script designed for yourself and your own individual needs. 1.5 Hour appointment.
I understand how big the first step is, So I offer a free no obligation telephone assessment, prior to booking to meet with you.
- I work from 2 office settings , one office is located near to the center of Lincoln with free parking. There is easy access into the building.
- The other office is a based in a quiet village, 2 miles out of the north side of Lincoln.This office is set in a tranquil relaxing setting.
I provide confidential therapy to meet your individual needs, in a non judgmental, empathic setting. I am based in a private clinic within the center of Lincoln with free parking.
I offer a free telephone consultation, no obligation assessment. I believe that it is important that we build a rapport before you trust me to work yourself or your family.
I will be guided by yourself as to how long your counselling journey will last, there isn’t a time limit put on the amount of sessions with me. We will work together to look at long term and short term goals.
I am a member of the BACP and abide by their code of ethics. I have an up to date and current DBS as well as qualified lead in LCC Safeguarding children.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday- Friday 9-8
Types of client