My clients describe me as genuine, empathic, caring, and down to earth. I'm hear to listen and help you to feel comfortable with the counselling process. Most importantly, I'm hear to help you change and evolve.
My approach is integrative which means I have lots of skills at working in different ways to suit you. Whether thats providing a safe space to talk, over a long or short period, working in a solution focused way or working creatively.
I provide counselling for adult individuals, couples, parents, young people and children around their emotional distress; their wellbeing; and their relationships. Over my 13 + years experience I have worked in a national counselling organisation; in a school, and for a rape and sexual assault centre. I also hold my own private practice. This length of experience has been working Nationally via telephone, video-call, email and via instant messaging; as well as in person locally. Please let me know which way you'd like to work. I'm qualified to level 7. I'm a Clinical Supervisor providing supervision and a Counselling Trainer.
There is more information about what issues I can help with and details about me on my website. Please take a look and feel free to get in touch. I'm more than happy to answer any questions or queries.
"The sessions I’ve had with Sam have been so beneficial to my recovery journey. She has been incredibly supportive and has ensured that the counselling has been tailored to my individual needs" [Client]
"With Sam’s help, I have been able to develop skills and strategies and recognise my existing strengths so that I am able to take better care of myself" [Client]
"Sam has a very calm, professional and approachable persona. I have always found her to be supportive. Her knowledge of theory and applying this to practice has been so helpful in my own development" [Counsellor Supervisee]
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the National Counselling Society (NCS)
- Certificate in Therapeutic Work with Children & Young People aged 5-18 years
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision (level 6)
- Counselling using Digital Technology
- Counselling Young People aged 11-25 years
- OCN Group Skills: Theory & Practice for Trainers (level 3)
- University Advanced Diploma in Relationship Counselling using Face to Face, Telephone and Email Interventions (level 6)
- Counselling Skills (level 3)
- BA (hons) Degree in Psychology & Criminology
- 13+ years experience as a counsellor working with couples, individuals and parents on their relationships in a national counselling organisation.
- 11+ years experience counselling young people and children in a national counselling organisation.
- Presently working in a school with young people aged 11-18 years.
- Current experience of working with survivors of sexual abuse in a rape and sexual assault centre.
- 13+ years experience of delivering counselling face-to-face and online via video-call, telephone, email and instant messaging.
- 13+ years of delivering single-session-therapy.
- 6+ years experience as a Clinical Supervisor.
- 11+ years experience as a Counselling Trainer and writing therapeutic content.
- 6+ years experience of consulting as a Digital Counselling Expert.
- Currently working 2 days a week in a secondary school.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
National Counselling Society
The National Counselling Society
This Not For Profit association of counsellors and psychotherapists aim to support the counselling profession, members and training organisations.
In 2013 the NCS register was accredited by the Professional Standards Authority under the Accredited Voluntary Register Scheme. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 per session
Concessions offered for
£50 per session, including assessment. Payment requested 72 hours before the session. For cancelations less than 72 hours the full cost of the session stands.
If finances are a difficulty please speak to me. Sessions can be tailored to your needs to be more cost effective for you.
I offer in-personal sessions and specialise in working online in a variety of ways. Session methods can be mixed to suit you. You can live anywhere in the UK to access my online services.