Sam Segar MBACP
The Eaves Counselling and Psychological Services
The Lodge, Catteshall Mill
I am an Integrative counsellor and psychotherapist who works face to face with individual clients aged over 18 years. Counselling and psychotherapy can help support you through difficult times and changes in your life, for example through bereavement, loss of a relationship or health, family problems, stress, anxiety or depression. Sometimes we need to re-evaluate our lives and purpose for living or look into the past to become aware of how we react to the present and how we may better approach life in the future. By working together in therapy, we can explore what is important to you, what you want or need to change and how you may achieve that.
I work with an Integrative approach - drawing on psychodynamic, humanistic person-centred, existential and post-modern ideologies. The therapeutic approach that arises from your personal therapy is built and moulded upon what you bring to the sessions. However there is evidence that shows the relationship between therapist and client is more important than the approach used. Therefore building an honest, trusting and supportive relationship between myself as the therapist and you as the client is where effective discovery of the self can occur.
I offer short and long term therapy from 6 weeks to 2 years+. Please enquire for an initial consultation where we can discuss these options further.
Training, qualifications & experience
My specialist areas include:
- Depression, anxiety, loss and bereavement.
- Family and relationship problems.
- Coming to terms with traumatic events and acceptance of current life circumstances.
- Coming to terms with health diagnoses
- Finding meaning in an otherwise perceived meaningless life.
- The use of Mindfulness practices
I have worked for over 16 years in caring and helping professions:
- Counselled undergraduate and post-graduate students at the University of Surrey Wellbeing Centr.
- Cancer patients and family members at the Fountain Centre, Royal Surrey County Hospital.
- Women prisoners at HMP Send, Woking.
- Run a mobile Reflexology business
- Worked as a Special Needs Educator in Early Years Education
- Vice Chair at Surrey Drug Care, telephone helpline based in Guildford
Ba (Hons) Early Childhood Studies, University of Roehampton
PG Cert. Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton
PG Dip. Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton
MSc Counselling and Psychotherapy, University of Roehampton – on-going.
I am a fully insured therapist and a registered member of the BACP and work under their ethical guidelines.
Member of the UPCA (Universities Psychotherapy & Counselling Association).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
Photos & videos
£50.00 per 50 minutes appointment for individuals
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime and evening appointments available
Types of client