Sally Woodhouse, Adv Dip Couns., MBACP
I understand that the decision to have counselling is a big step which for many takes courage. It can be hard to decide which therapist to choose, amongst so many qualified and experienced professionals. I am pleased to say that the majority of my work comes from personal recommendations and some of my clients will return for further sessions when a need arises. I see every person I work with as an individual and our work is tailored to reflect this. As an Integrative Therapist I am trained in Transactional Analysis, CBT, Person Centred Approach, Gestalt and Attachment Theory.
I have been an Integrative Counsellor for over a decade and have worked extensively with Adults and Young People. I am a grounded, insightful and supportive therapist who works from a place of compassion. I will bring dedication to our work together as we explore life's challenges, with the aim of empowering you to bring about the changes you are looking for.
I hope that you will chose me as your counsellor. If so, I guarantee that you will be listened to with respect and without judgement. We will work together as equals. I know that life can bring many challenges and it can feel that we are lost without a sense of direction or someone who understands. You need not feel alone any longer.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by their Ethical Framework and Guidelines for Good Practice, details of which can be found at www.bacp.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Iron Mill Institute)
- Diploma in Working Therapeutically with Young People (Devon Counselling College)
- Safeguarding Child Protection Level 3
- Certificate in Mental Health in Adolescents (KRD Training)
- Certificate in Working with Clients who have Experienced Sexual abuse
- Certificate in Working with Grief and Loss
- Transactional Analysis 101 Verification Certificate (Iron Mill Institute)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Westminster Pastoral Foundation)
- Certificate in Understanding the Mental Health Needs of Children and Young People (CAMHS)
- MIPD Personal Development Course (Nortel Networks)
I run a thriving private practice for Adults and Young People in Newton Abbot.
I also work two days a week at South Dartmoor Community College, counselling Young People.
My previous experience includes
- Student Counselling at The Atrium College, Ashburton
- 6th Form Student Counselling at South Dartmoor 6th Form College
- Adult Counselling at the Palace Gate Counselling Centre in Exeter.
- Counselling placement at Checkpoint in Torquay working with Young People.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I offer a free 30 minute session for you to meet me and decide if I am the counsellor for you. It also allows me to assess the issues you want to deal with and decide on the best therapeutic model for us to follow.
Sessions are £40 an hour. I believe that good counselling should be accessible to everyone so I offer a concession to those who cannot afford £40.
You can contact me by phone on the above number. If you need to leave a message you can be sure that this is only heard by me so your call remains confidential.
Cancellations – Please note that 24 hours notice is required if you wish to cancel a session. If notice is not given the session will be charged at the full rate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|