Sally Woodhouse, Adv Dip Couns., MBACP
Welcome to my profile......
I have been practicing counselling for 10 years since I qualified in 2008 and have worked extensively with Adults in Private Practice and Young People in a School Setting.
I am a warm, professional, grounded and supportive therapist who works from a place of compassion. I will be dedicated in our work together to bring about the changes you are looking for.
I can provide strategies for handling situations, relationships or emotions in an effective way.
If you enjoy being creative we can explore aspects of you and your relationships using sand tray, art and symbolic work.
I have helped people work through;
- Loss; including relationship break ups, bereavement,
- Change in Circumstances
- Parenting issues
- Overwhelming emotions
- Negative thoughts
- Confidence and Self Esteem
- Relationship and friendship issues
- Childhood Issues
- Parents Separation and Divorce
- Explore Spirituality
I understand that the decision to undertake counselling is a big step which for many takes courage. I hope to meet you and guarantee that you will be listened to with respect and without judgement. We will work together as equals.
I am an Integrative Therapist which means that I have trained in a number of therapeutic models including Transactional Analysis, Person Centred, Gestalt, CBT and EFT. I can therefore tailor our counselling together to suit you and the areas in your life that you would like to change.
I am a member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I abide by their Ethical Framework and Guidelines for Good Practice, details of which can be found at www.bacp.co.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Diploma in Integrative Counselling (Iron Mill Institute)
- Diploma in Working Therapeutically with Young People (Devon Counselling College)
- Safeguarding Child Protection Level 3
- Certificate in Mental Health in Adolescents (KRD Training)
- Certificate in Working with Clients who have Experienced Sexual abuse
- Certificate in Working with Grief and Loss
- Transactional Analysis 101 Verification Certificate (Iron Mill Institute)
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (Westminster Pastoral Foundation)
- Certificate in Understanding the Mental Health Needs of Children and Young People (CAMHS)
- MIPD Personal Development Course (Nortel Networks)
I currently run a thriving private practice for Adults and Young People in a private therapy room at my home.
I also work two days a week at South Dartmoor Community College, counselling Young People.
My previous experience includes
- Student Counselling at The Atrium College, Ashburton
- 6th Form Student Counselling at South Dartmoor 6th Form College
- Adult Counselling at the Palace Gate Counselling Centre in Exeter.
- Counselling placement at Checkpoint in Torquay working with Young People.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Health anxiety
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I offer a free 30 minute session for you to meet me and decide if I am the counsellor for you. It also allows me to assess the issues you want to deal with and decide on the best therapeutic model for us to follow.
Sessions are £30 an hour. I believe that good counselling should be accessible to everyone so I offer a concessionary rate of £25 per session to those who cannot afford £30.
You can contact me by phone on the above number. If you need to leave a message you can be sure that this is only heard by me so your call remains confidential.
Cancellations – Please note that 24 hours notice is required if you wish to cancel a session. If notice is not given the session will be charged at the full rate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|