Sally Hilton Integrative Psychotherapist (UKCP reg.) Online Specialist
I am a UKCP registered Integrative Psychotherapist, working from South London (Streatham and Tooting) and online. My Integrative approach means I work in a way which best suits you (drawing from psychodynamic, humanistic and narrative approaches). In practice, this means that we look at the past to understand the present, in order to form an idea of the life you want in the future.
People choose therapy for a wide variety of reasons. It may be that you have a particular issue that you’d like to deal with, such as anxiety, feelings of depression or problems in your relationships or perhaps there’s more of a general sense of dissatisfaction that you don’t understand. Often people come to therapy to explore the self-destructive patterns in their lives or relationships. There are times for all of us, when we feel a bit lost, uncertain or stuck. Therapy offers an opportunity to explore and understand what is going on, so that we can move forward. Sometimes, this can be about making changes in our ways of thinking, feeling and behaving. At other times, this is about coming to an acceptance of things we can't change.
Therapy also offers the opportunity for a different kind of relationship, one in which you can feel accepted and supported, so you can be honest about yourself and your feelings.
I have an interest in working with people who would like to explore their relationship patterns.
I also offer sports psychotherapy/sports counselling to sports professionals and athletes, with an emphasis on the particular pressures of professional/elite sports participation and/or transition to retirement.
I abide by the BPS code of ethics which can be found at www.bps.org.uk and the UKCP code of ethics which can be found at www.psychotherapy.org.uk
Training, qualifications & experience
- BA (Hons) Psychology
- UKCP Registered Integrative Psychotherapist (Metanoia Institute)
- I am in the final stages of a BPS accredited Doctorate in Counselling Psychology
Online Counselling Skills Certificate (with Distinction)
- 9 years experience practising as an Integrative Psychotherapist in a variety of settings including NHS, community counselling services, youth counselling service and in private practice.
- NLP for Sport Practitioner
I do not work with couples at this time.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder/Manic depression
- Borderline personality disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship issues
- Schizoid personality disorder
- Schizotypal personality disorder
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Sports Psychotherapy/ Sports Counselling:
I also offer counselling to sports professionals/athletes around the particular pressures of professional/elite sports participation and/or transition to retirement.
Areas of concern which may benefit include:
- Competition stress
- Managing anxiety
- Coping with injury and rehabilitation
- Transitions from sport
- Uncertainty about the future
- Alcohol and drug use
- Relationship problems
My fees are £50 per 50 minute session.
I also offer counselling online via video call (similar to skype), voice call, instant messaging or email. For online therapy I offer a rate of £180 for a block of four 50 minute sessions as well as the individual session rate of £50 per session.
I am an integrative psychotherapist working within BPS and UKCP guidelines.
I offer short and longer term therapy.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client