Bushey Therapy Centre
85 Melbourne Road
West Hill House
6 Swains Lane
Highgate N6 6QS
0208 416 0823 / 07831 592 408
Are life's pressures and anxieties proving too difficult for you to cope with?
As an experienced counsellor and CBT therapist I work with individuals and couples providing a caring, safe and non-judgemental environment in which to explore your difficult feelings and inner conflicts enabling you to enhance your life and live it more fully.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Diploma in counselling University of North London
- Training at the London Marriage Council
- Training at the Tavistock Institute for Marital Studies
- BACP certificate of proficiency
- Solution brief therapy at BPS
- Cognitive behaviour therapy at Centre for Stress Management
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Gambling addiction
- Alcohol addiction
I am a fully qualified counsellor and registered member of the British Association of Counsellor and Psychotherapists (BACP).
I have extensive experience working with individuals and couples from diverse backgrounds. I work on an open-ended basis or for an agreed time period.
As a practising psychodynamic counsellor and CBT therapist, I use the approach that I feel best suits the individual. This flexibility offers clients the opportunity to optimise the positive beliefs from each.
My aim is to provide a caring, safe and enriching therapeutic relationship in which clients can explore their difficulties and inner conflicts.
I have worked extensively with clients who have experienced difficult childhoods and with those suffering from anxiety, depression and low self esteem.
Counselling/therapy is a gentle way to learn how to take charge of one's life. It offers space to explore new ways to be in a safe environment with an experienced practitioner.
For many years I worked at Gam Care counselling compulsive gamblers and their families.
Counselling is for those who:
- Have problems forming or sustaining relationships
- Find themselves repeatedly in unhappy relationships
- Feel depressed
- Feel anxious and unable to cope with the daily pressures of life
- Lack self-confidence
- Find the changes difficult to cope with - bereavement, illness, divorce
- Suffer from phobias, eating disorders, panic attacks and obsessions
- Have marital/partnership difficulties.
- Suffer from addiction
- Suffer from compulsive gambling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|