I am an integrative counsellor based in Barnsley town centre with specific experience working with substance misuse and domestic abuse. I also have experience working with anxiety, depression, relationship issues, bereavement, confidence and low self-esteem.
I am committed to providing you a safe, accepting, trusting place to talk, without the fear of being judged, or rejected. I can offer you one to one sessions to assist you to explore any issues that may be troubling you.
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and in my work I abide by their ethical framework for good practice. I also adhere to the BACP's requirement for continuing training, professional development and monthly supervision to ensure safe practice.
I understand that entering counselling can feel challenging for you and if you If you have any questions or require an appointment then please do not hesitate to contact me via email or phone.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- City & Guilds Level 4 Work with Parents (Intense Support for Families with Multiple and Complex Needs)
- OCN Eastern Region Drug and Alcohol Worker Core Competencies
Throughout my working carer I have attended various training courses:
- Improving Skills for Work with Male Perpetrators of Domestic Abuse
- The Toxic Trio
- Motivational Interviewing
- New Trends in Drug Use
- Safeguarding Adults and Safeguarding Children
- Solution Focused Brief Therapy
- Domestic Abuse, Risk Assessment and MARAC
- Domestic Abuse Awareness and Effects on Children and Adults
- Serious Case Review Workshops
- First Aid appointed person and Mental Health First Aid
- Sexual Harm Disclosure & Sexual Trauma Training
- Tiger Essentials: Information Governance
- Level 2 Conflict Resolution & Personnel Safety
- Emergency Aid in the Workplace for Appointed Persons
I am certified as a group facilitator for: The Strengthening Families Program (SFP) a nationally and internationally recognised parenting and family strengthening program for high-risk and regular families.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Individual sessions are priced at £40 (50 minutes)
I provide weekly & fortnightly counselling sessions.
You can choose whether you come for short term, time limited or longer term counselling dependant on what your needs and circumstances are.
Everything discussed during counselling sessions remains confidential except in extreme circumstances e.g. risk of harm to self or others.
I hold an enhanced DBS certificate.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Appointments available, please contact for availability
Types of client