Rosemary Cave Dip Therapeutic Counselling Member BACP
I am an experienced counsellor working in Thornbury, South Gloucestershire. You might be seeking counselling for the first time or returning to therapy. We all experience disconcerting feelings and upsetting concerns at some point in our lives. The best way to begin therapy is to arrange an introductory session to find out why you need counselling and how we can work together. There is no charge for the first session. As the relationship of trust and respect develops between client and counsellor, you will become empowered to explore daunting emotions through a non-judgemental, client-centred approach.
My professional experience includes working with Anxiety; Depression; Stress; Self-Esteem; Confidence; Domestic and Workplace Relationships; Abuse; Loss and Anger.
Everyone is different and will bring diverse emotions and experiences to the counselling room. I am here to help you move forward through active listening in a neutral, confidential environment.
I am a Member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapists (BACP) and I abide by their professional standards and ethical codes.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- NCFE Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Continuing Professional Development includes workshops on Working with Addictive Behaviour in a Person Centred Way and Solution Focused Therapy.
- I have gained my counselling experience at three agencies: Turning Point Gloucestershire 2016, CGL Gloucestershire 2017 to present and IPSUM Swindon (formerly SWADS) 2017 to present.
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug addiction
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
£40 - £45 per counselling session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
The counselling room is accessed by a staircase of 12 steps. There is a handrail attached to the wall. The front entrance has one step over the threshold.
My counselling days are Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Types of client