Dr. Ros Hatton, Doctorate in Counselling, MSc Psychology
I am an accredited UKCP Integrative Family Therapist (no. 05157031). I am qualified and experienced to work with individuals, couples, young people, families, and organisations to provide family therapy, counselling, psychotherapy, consultation, and supervision. Within my integrative practise I offer Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focussed and Brief Solution Focussed Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Psychodynamic therapy and Family therapy.
I can provide assessment and therapy for children and young people and detailed reports for courts or local authority to support that process.
I can also offer coaching, mentoring, assessment, training and organisational consulting. I provide a secure and calm environment where all UKCP and AFT professional and ethical standards are fully maintained.
I am close to bus routes, and can offer parking, partial wheelchair access and downstairs toilet facilities. I am accessible from Manchester, Mersyside, North Wales and the Wirral.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have a Doctorate in Counselling from Manchester University, and an MSc in Counselling Psychology from the Houston Galveston Training Insitute which is allied to Our Lady of the Lake Universtiy, USA which qualifies me as a Family Therapist. I hold a Post Graduate Advanced Certificate in Person Centred Counselling, and my education qualifications are a Certificate in Education and a Post Graduate Advanced Diploma in Education.
I have experience of providing therapy to support many family and life problems, mental health issues, looked after children, foster carers and individuals in the film and image business. I can also provide systemic and organisational consulting.
As an integrative therapist I am trained to work in any of the major therapy disciplines such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focussed, Psychodynamic, Narrative and Family Therapy and can tailor work collaboratively to honour your perspective and suit your needs.
My primary aim is to be supportive and non-judgemental to offer a professional therapeutic relationship where individuals can feel relaxed, listened to, and secure. Through counselling individuals can come to see that there are other options and perspectives available to them to support their well being and the lessening of emotional pain.
My employment experience includes working as:-
- a VL lecturer at the University of Chester to teach counselling skills to undergraduates and the Introduction to Counselling course
- a lecturer/facilitator to train counsellors at Introductory, Intermediate and Diploma level
- a Family Therapist at a psychiatric crisis intervention hospital
- a Family Therapist with Looked After Children, and their foster carers to liase with multi-systemic associated agencies
- a therapist for young people and their parents/carers at Action For Children
- a visiting lecturer at Manchester University to provide Masters level and Phd students with an understanding of Systemic and Family Therapy.
- a textile, image and art consultant
- an occupational therapy aide in a psychiatiric hospital.
- a Children's and Young Person's Therapist in a Rape and Sexual Abuse Support Service.
I have extensive experience of working within multi-disciplinary teams and systems to include the local authority, courts, psychological, psychiatric and education services.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Looked After Children
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
For counselling and psychotherapy I charge £50.00 an hour . For couples therapy I charge £65.00 an hour.
Other charges for different services are upon application.
You are able to e mail me through Counselling Directory. Before appointments are made I like to talk to people on the telephone so that individuals can ask questions, be informed of the counselling process, and see if counselling, psychotherapy or any of the other services I offer are suited to their needs.
I hope to make the process informative and comfortable in order to put you at ease.
My research experience and interests include Men and Therapy and Looked After Children.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Day and evening appointments during the week. Weekend appointments negotiable.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|