Dr Rita Squarza - UKCP Reg., UKATA, HIPC, EATA Member
Hello and welcome to my profile.
I am a qualified and sympathetically listening professional, providing an empathic, non-judgmental presence, and a confidential space, giving my clients the privilege to express who they truly are.
I have been working for 21 years to help adults to cope more effectively with life and relationship issues, and mental health problems, at every age and stage of life.
Practising in the centre of Leamington Spa and Stratford upon Avon, I offer Professional Counselling, short and long-term Integrative Psychotherapy, focused on Transactional Analysis, and body-oriented therapeutic treatments.
As a former dancer, I also joined my studies and passion for dance with the psychotherapeutic use of body movements as an implicit and expressive instrument of communication and expression of self. The relational process, in which my client/s and I are engaged, is an empathic and creative process, offering an alternative treatment for anxiety symptoms, depression, stress-related disorders, body image issues and other concerns.
Thanks to my cross-cultural experiences, and speaking three languages, I am culturally sensitive and I do like to work with diverse and multi-ethnic individuals. I am also interested in Cross-Cultural Psychology which is the study of similarities and differences in behaviour among individuals who have developed in different cultures.
WHAT I CAN DO FOR YOU
I am passionate about supporting my clients through IBP (Integrative Body Psychotherapy) approach focused on Transactional Analysis because, first of all, I can see how they are engaged and fulfilled with the therapeutic sessions they have. Secondly, IBP is a unique, non-invasive body-mind approach that treats the whole person in a creative way, integrating many tools used in psychotherapy today, enabling me to do deeper and more meaningful work in less time with more lasting results.
I work together with my clients to address them on all levels of their being: body, emotion, mind and spirit, recognising that many psychological problems have immediate correlations in the body: anxiety and panic attacks, sexual or eating problems, overwhelming feelings or depression.
Whatever you may be struggling with, I will carefully lead you, step by step, to your personal innovation, identifying what is preventing you from getting what you really want, and how to take action to find your life balance and be happy.
- Gift yourself the opportunity to give your life an harmonious shape and joyful colours.
- Take your personal development to the next, creative level.
My specific areas of expertise include:
- Relationship issues;
- Low self-esteem and lack of self-confidence;
- Anxiety (e.g. generalized anxiety disorder, panic attacks, social anxiety);
- Depressive disorders (e.g. melancholia, antenatal and postnatal depression, dysthymia, bipolar disorder, seasonal affective disorder);
- Body image issues;
- Psychosomatic disorders (e.g. digestive disorders, sleep problems, lack of energy, feeling sick, chest pain, fatigue, tension-type headache)
- Anger and stress management
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Cross-cultural issues
If you are just curious to know more about what I can offer you, please visit my website www.myharmonystudio.com and feel free to contact me for any further information.
Are you Italian and searching for psychological support in your native language?
Training, qualifications & experience
- Clinical Psychology and Psychotherapy DClin Psy, Integrative Psychotherapy and Transactional Analysis (Scuola Superiore di Specializzazione in Psicologia Clinica e Psicoterapia - SSPC-IFREP and Salesian Pontifical University, Rome 2004-2008);
- Certified Transactional Analyst (CTA), SSPC-IFREP and European European Association for Transactional Analysis. 2004-2008;
- Professional Counselling MA, Educational Psychology (Scuola Superiore di Specializzazione in Psicologia Clinica, Mestre-Venice, 2004-2007);
- Clinical Neuropsychology and Psychophysiology MSc (Università degli Studi di Padova, 2000-2001);
- Post-graduate Training Course in IBP and Body Work Tecniques, C.I.S.S.P.A.T. - Italian Centre Development Studio Short Term Psychotherapy, Padua, Italy, 1996-1997;
- Certification Dance Movement Therapy, (Art Therapy Italiana-Goldsmiths’ College London, 1995-1996);
- License to practice and National Board Certification to practice as Psychologist, 21/09/1995;
- National Professional Practice Examination, June 1995;
- Master's Degree in I/O Psychology (Università degli Studi di Padova, 1988-1993).
- UKCP Reg. (UK Council for Psychotherapy);
- HIPC (Humanistic and Integrative Psychotherapy College);
- UKATA (UK Association for Transactional Analysis);
- EATA (European Association for Transactional Analysis);
- ITAA ((International Transactional Analysis Association).
- National Council of Psychologists Order (Italy)- section A (licensed Psychotherapist) www.psy.it
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
UK Council for Psychotherapy
The UK Council for Psychotherapy (UKCP) is a leading professional body for the education, training and regulation of psychotherapists and psychotherapeutic counsellors. Its register is accredited by the government's Professional Standards Authority.
As part of its commitment to protect the public, it works to improve access to psychotherapy, to support and disseminate research, to improve standards and to respond effectively to complaints against its members.
UKCP standards cover the range of different psychotherapies. Registration is obtained by training or accrediting with one of its member organisations, or by holding a European Certificate in Psychotherapy. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Expat Therapy: support for expats facing emotional and psychological difficulties in their integration process, in both English and Italian.
- Expression Movement Therapy EMT, one-to-one.
- Integrative Approach to Weight-loss.
On request. I negotiate a fee that’s fair to client and therapist.
I work in accordance with the Ethical Principles and Code of Professional Conduct adopted by UKCP, UKATA, EATA and ITAA. http://bit.ly/1ATU9hE