Reeta Kauppinen BA Hons: MA: Dip: Adv Dip: MBACP
I am a fully qualified and experienced BACP registered psychotherapy and counselling practitioner in individual therapy with extensive knowledge and experience working with adults experiencing depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, trauma and crises.
Counselling & Psychotherapy may be able to help if you are:
- Not feeling good about life at the moment and you don't understand why
- Suffering from stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression or finding it hard to cope
- Having difficulties within personal or family relationships
- Having problems adjusting to change
- Facing a problem that is hard to talk about or resolve
- Experiencing any kind of loss, bereavement or trauma
I provide a calm space to explore what may be contributing to your current difficulties. I offer you an opportunity to gain another perspective and explore new options and ways of managing your issues.
The emphasis is on people developing the skills to be self-reflective, increase understanding of their personal beliefs and values, aid psychological and emotional maturity and learn how to cope with the challenges of life more effectively, by accepting what cannot be changed and addressing what can be. My philosophical approach has a focus on relationships people have with themselves, others and life in general.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over fifteen years of experience working with vulnerable adults with variety of mental health conditions and diagnosis. I managed a welfare project for the NHS and for the Mind in Hackney, providing service to psychiatric wards as well for clients using the community mental health teams. Part of my role was also to train social work students as a practice educator.
I have been working in 'private practice' as a counsellor for five years and in that time have worked with a large variety of people with different issues such as depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, various personality disorders, hearing voices and attachment related issues.
- MA in Advance Clinical Practice in Psychotherapy (in training)
- Advance Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Certificate in Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MA in International Relations and Diplomacy
- BA (Hons) in Sociology
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Anger management
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Relationship problems
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relapse Prevention
- Hearing Voices and Paranoia
- C.B.T (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Anxiety and Anger
- Domestic violence
- Acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT)
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Initial consultation fee is £25 for an approximate one hour session.
- I charge £60 thereafter for a regular counselling session for 50 minutes, usually once a week.
- I can also offer a sliding scale of lower fees for individuals on low income and those on benefits or for trainee counsellors who are registered on a recognised training programme.
- I offer short term and long term counselling sessions.
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I abide by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which means I work confidentially and have the highest respect for your emotional well-being.
Please feel free to e-mail me via the website if you have any specific questions regarding counselling.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Mon-Fri 08.00 - 21.30
Types of client