Reeta Kauppinen MA: Post Grad Dip: MBACP
I am a fully qualified and experienced BACP registered psychotherapy and counselling practitioner in individual therapy with extensive knowledge and experience working with adults experiencing depression, stress, anxiety, relationship issues, trauma and crises.
Counselling & Psychotherapy may be able to help if you are:
- Not feeling good about life at the moment and you don't understand why
- Suffering from stress, anxiety, panic attacks, depression or finding it hard to cope
- Having difficulties within personal or family relationships
- Having problems adjusting to change
- Facing a problem that is hard to talk about or resolve
- Experiencing any kind of loss, bereavement or trauma
I provide a calm space to explore what may be contributing to your current difficulties. I offer you an opportunity to gain another perspective and explore new options and ways of managing your issues.
The emphasis is on people developing the skills to be self-reflective, increase understanding of their personal beliefs and values, aid psychological and emotional maturity and learn how to cope with the challenges of life more effectively, by accepting what cannot be changed and addressing what can be. My philosophical approach has a focus on relationships people have with themselves, others and life in general.
I am a registered member of the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have over fifteen years of experience working with vulnerable adults with variety of mental health conditions and diagnosis. I managed a welfare project for the NHS and for the Mind in Hackney, providing service to psychiatric wards as well for clients using the community mental health teams. Part of my role was also to train social work students as a practice educator.
I have been working in private practice for six years and in that time have worked with a large variety of people with different issues such as depression, anxiety, bi-polar disorder, various personality disorders, hearing voices and attachment related issues.
- MA in Advance Clinical Practice in Psychotherapy (in training)
- Post Grad Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Psychotherapy and Counselling
- Certificate in Existential Counselling and Psychotherapy
- MA in International Relations and Diplomacy
- BA (Hons) in Sociology
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
- Motivational Interviewing
- Relapse Prevention
- Hearing Voices and Paranoia
- C.B.T (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)
- Anxiety and Anger
- Domestic violence
- Initial consultation fee is £25 for an approximate one hour session.
- I charge £60 thereafter for a regular counselling session for 50 minutes, usually once a week.
- I can also offer a sliding scale of lower fees for individuals on low income and those on benefits or for trainee counsellors who are registered on a recognised training programme.
- I offer short term and long term counselling sessions.
I am committed to Continuing Professional Development (CPD) in Counselling and Psychotherapy. I abide by the Ethical Framework for Good Practice in Counselling and Psychotherapy of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) which means I work confidentially and have the highest respect for your emotional well-being.
Please feel free to e-mail me via the website if you have any specific questions regarding counselling.