* I am currently taking on new clients due to expansion of my clinical practice*
I am a Psychotherapist (Arts - Music) with over a decade of experience, having qualified in 2010. I specialise in child and adolescent mental health, as well as working with adults, and have worked in many different education and health settings. I love working both verbally and creatively with clients, tailoring my support, because sometimes using only words to explain how you feel can be difficult. I work particularly with trauma, abuse, anxiety & depression, self harm, communication problems and eating disorders. I work integratively, which means I draw on a range of approaches, such as psychodynamic, systemic, person-centred, creative, and I work face-to-face at The Eaves Clinic, Guildford, as well as online.
We all have times when we need extra support. Whether you are here looking for yourself, or perhaps for someone else. I am here to listen to your story and together to work towards positive change in a way that is most helpful for you. If you are a parent do take a look at the website for details around how I work confidentiality, collaboratively and safely with families. It can be ever so challenging seeking support - I hope to make the journey as easy as possible for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- BSc Psychology, University of Exeter (2005)
- BA Music, Middlesex University (2007)
- MA Music Therapy, University of Roehampton (2010)
- Developmental Trauma in Children & Families (Beacon House, 2021-21)
- Safeguarding Level 3 (current)
- Enhanced DBS Certificate (current)
- Director & Senior Music Therapist, Meraki Creative Therapies (2016 - present)
- Placement Manager (for training therapists), Roehampton University Psychology Department (2019 - present)
- Supervisor (for qualified therapists), BAMT (2019 - present)
- Gosden House School (2019 - present)
- Guildford Nursery & Family Centre (2018 - present)
- Christ's College, Guildford (2018 - present)
- Other schools include: Pond Meadow School, Guildford; Weyfield School, Guildford; QE School, Guildford; Tormead School, Guildford
- Shooting Star, Chase (2017-2019)
- SMARTS (Surrey Music & Arts Therapies Service) (2016 - 2018)
- Parity for Disability, Hampshire (2013 - 2016)
- Richmond Music Trust, London (2010 - 2012)
- Surrey & Border NHS Trust Arts Therapies Community Team (2009 - 2010)
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
From £75.00 to £115.00
Free initial telephone session
Online session: £75/session
Face to Face session: £85/session
Please contact me for further information on fees. It is important you understand what you are paying for. I charge a flat rate which covers everything, rather than charging for extra admin etc. I also offer a free face-to-face or phonecall appointment prior to assessment because it's really important you feel that the therapist you are working with is the best fit for you or your child.
I run a face-to-face clinic primarily on a Thursday, but do contact me for other options, as I might be able to be flexible on other days
I am registered with both the HCPC & BAMT. I work integratively, which means that I draw on a range of approaches (psychodynamic, systemic, creative, person-centred, directive) and also run a creative therapies healthcare clinic. I run a private clinic at The Eaves Counselling & Psychology Practice, Guildford, as well as working online. Sessions are 50 minutes long and can take many forms, but the key is to work collaboratively and confidentially with you. The first stage after referral is an assessment and then we can make a short or long term plan together. Do call for a free initial chat. I know that the first call is often the hardest step.