Peter Boswell BA Hons MBACP
Peter Boswell Therapy Services
The Coach House
East Riding Of Yorkshire
St Bede's Pastoral Centre
21 Blossom Street
How would we work together?
Whatever is leading you to come for counselling or therapy, we will work together, in a collaborative, secure and ethical way, to help you understand what it is in your life that is causing you to feel the way you do.
I work primarily in a Gestalt way. This means that we work on what is happening for you in the here and now of your life. As we work together the echoes of the past will become apparent quite naturally, and we will work with them accordingly.
Whatever the issue or issues are that you want to work on, they will be a part of your wider life, they don't exist in isolation, and we will view your issues as being very much a part of your whole of your life. The entirety of you; and work with you to help you understand just how such things impact other parts of your life.
Working on your issues in this relational way benefits your life as a whole, and in this way has beneficial, far reaching effects for you. Resolution becomes a much more realistic achievement.
I find that what appears to help my clients the most, is being able to share with me what it is that is happening to them, and to have that received in a welcoming, open, non-critical way which allows you to explore your own experience in a safe, constructive way.
When we work together in this way, my clients often find themselves surprised at what it is we actually put our focus on in our sessions.
Counselling via Skype
For those clients who would like to work with me but live too far away to meet in person, I also see clients via Skype.
This has proven to be extremely successful for those clients who use this service, some of whom live abroad and have no access to native English speakers and wish to avail themselves of counselling.
- Yorkshire Coaching Counselling and Psychotherapy Centre, Vicar Lane, Howden, East Yorkshire.
- St Bede's Pastoral Centre, 21 Blossom Street, Micklegate, York.
- The Driffield area
- Hull city centre
I understand that deciding to come for therapy can feel very daunting. As a trained Integrative Counsellor (registered with the BACP), and having completed an additional 4 years of training as a Gestalt Psychotherapist (working towards accreditation with the UKCP), you can be assured of being treated in a professional and ethical way. In addition to my private practice I also work with certain clients on behalf of the NHS.
- A Foundation degree in Integrative Counselling
- An BA honours degree in Counselling Studies
- Completed a 4 year training as a Gestalt Psychotherapist, and working towards my diploma and accreditation with the UKCP.
Training, qualifications & experience
I have the following qualifications:
- BA Hons in Counselling Studies York St John Universities
- Degree in Integrative Counselling at Hull University
- I have completed a 4 year training as a Gestalt Psychotherapist and am working towards my accreditation with the UKCP
- Registered member of the British Association of Counsellors and Psychotherapists
- University Foundation Award in Integrative Counselling
- Numerous short courses as part of my continuing professional development
In addition to providing therapy for general issues, I also have experience in specific areas, including, but not limited to, some of those outlined below:
- extensive experience of working with people who feel suicidal or have attempted suicide in the past
- addiction to prescription as well illicit drugs
- the long-term effects of having been bullied
- working with parents whose children are in the CAMHS system
- transpersonal or issues of a spiritual nature
- working with people who have experienced the murder or violent death of a close family member
- work related stress
- Relationship difficulties
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- Coming to terms with old age
- Managing stress arising from your professional life
- Relational issues
- Therapeutic Coaching
- Terminal Illness
- Marital problems
£40 per hour for individuals
£65 per hour for couples
Research is showing that almost regardless of the model of therapy that a therapist uses in his or her work, it is the person of the therapist him or herself that is the most important factor in the work that is done together. How we relate to one another.
It is in relationship with the therapist that all the work of healing is done.
Having a corporate background and having worked for IBM and HP business partners in the Healthcare and Professional Sports industries, I am well placed to work with professional people and the specific stresses that they contend with.
I also provide Therapeutic Coaching sessions for those clients who wish to avail themselves of that service rather than therapy.
Please feel free to contact me without any obligation whatsoever for an initial discussion about how we may be able to work together. I look forward to hearing from you, and should it transpire that you may require skills other than mine, I will be delighted to suggest colleagues whom I think may be suitable for you to work with.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Given the demands of modern day living I am available to meet clients 7 days per week. Face to face meetings available from 0800 to 2000 .
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|