Pete Soper MBACP (Accred) (Dip Couns) AMAC 07341-907301
- The first introductory session completely free of charge.
- You will be assisted every step of the way to explore and understand your issue(s) and we will collectively find alternatives that will help you achieve balance and solution.
- If you are new to therapy and a little apprehensive,you will experience a calm and welcoming place that allows for this kind of thing,it is not uncommon.
- I am also an ‘approved therapist’ with Anxiety UK and have a special interest in helping clients manage Anxiety.
- I hold recognition with most major insurance companies
- Accredited membership..What does this mean for you?
Gaining accreditation demonstrates to clients and employers that I have achieved high standards of knowledge, experience and development.
- Having worked within a GP setting and a Bereavement agency and my own private practices l am continually working with a wide ranging scope of issues that bring clients into therapy.These include relationship difficulties within personal and professional lives.
- I have helped clients return to work and progress onto promotion having been previously unable to attend work with severe anxiety.Typically l find myself working with Anxiety, Worry, Stress, Low Self Confidence/Self Esteem, Depression and work matters among others.
- l am fully insured and commit to regular clinical supervision which is a requirement in order for me to practice.
Being an Integrative Therapist means using a blend of approaches it includes Person Centered Counselling, Psychodynamic Counselling, CBT( Cognitive Behavioural Therapy) and Solution Focused Coaching.
- I try and use researched and evidenced led approaches.The methods use a mixture of working in the here and now, looking at past patterns of relating,working with unconscious drives,types of thinking styles,all are based upon having a good working alliance with each client I see.
Are you considering counselling,it can change lives?
At certain times in our lives we could all do with a little extra help when we feel it becomes a strain on our personal wellbeing.
Seeking out good therapy can be very confusing and daunting, this is all very understandable , putting off the idea of seeing a counsellor or therapist until it becomes unbearable. At this point a GP may advise it, try not to let this be you, the sooner you get help very often the better it is for you.
How can l reach you?
After your initial free 15 minute telephone consultation we would agree if you wanted to book a free introductory meeting.An assessment session which is 50 minutes duration would be offered thereafter where we will discuss the specific detail required and I cover how I work from an ethical standpoint and to manage and understand your expectations of counselling too.
We all unconsciously repeat familiar patterns until we make them conscious... and then work through them.
Addressing and resolving issues from the past can be the key to moving forward in the future.
Has that helped a little?
The relationship that is built between us is the single most important aspect for you to gain benefit. Within this interaction we will work together on exploring the nature of your issues in which you will have ample time to express what is bothering you with out fear of being judged, in a safe and confidential environment.
Recent studies show that more and more people are using talking therapies.
What's offered to me?
As a professional practitioner of Counselling and Psychotherapy I am somebody who really cares about listening to you, somebody who will take great pride and care in helping you understand your thoughts and feelings maybe a little clearer than you are able to do for yourself right now.
I am an a Accredited Member with the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). The largest of its type in the UK and am also a member of the Association for Coaching and BACP Coaching and Workplace.
I also provide Executive and Business Coaching hours to professional individuals in the corporate field as well as SME's and Sole Traders. I hold the Practioner Diploma in Executive Coaching from London based AoEC( Academy of Executive Coaching).
I am uniquely positioned to be able to recognise when a client might need therapy as a priority instead of or in addition to coaching,this is something some cannot offer if they are not trained or qualified as I am myself.
- This should give you some insight into who I am and what I do, choosing the right therapist is a big decision and one that should not be rushed, visit and speak to a few to get a feel for how you are in their presence,would you work with this person? This is as important if not more important than qualifications and experience..whilst this helps for sure..it is about getting the right fit for yourself at the right time,trust your gut instinct.
Training, qualifications & experience
- CPCAB (Counselling and Psychotherapy Central Awarding Body) Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling.
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Studies
- CPCAB Certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Introduction to Counselling Skills
- Bereavement Training (BCBS)
- Psychiatry Update GP Seminar (London Bridge Hospital)
- Couples Counselling (Westmeria)
- Certificate of Proficiency (BACP)
- Practioner Diploma in Executive Coaching (AoEC London)
- Volunteered at Relate(The Relationship People)
- Volunteer Westmeria Counselling and Training College
- Volunteer Executive Coaching Euler Hermes (Canary Wharf)
- Volunteer Coaching for people in business
- Intergrating Coaching into Therapy (BACP Birmingham)
- CBT Diploma (Psychology Academy)
- NICE guidelines and study on anxiety (AnxietyUK)
- Dept of Health Information Governance training
- BACP Accredited Practioner
- Working with Suicide Workshop (2018)
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Coaching For Personal and Business Private and Corporate
Photos & videos
- 50 minute session face to face £50-£55
- Limited concessions for low earners and students/unemployed for daytime appointments From £35-£40(discounts depend on day and time agreed) Proof of status will be required if concessions are made.
- I require a min of 48 hours notice to cancel an agreed session,without this your session will be charged for.
- I currently have a practice rooms in Bromley, College Road within Bromley Counselling and Bereavement Service and Chislehurst.
- For Bromley practice: Bus Stop directly in front of the building – serving bus routes: 126, 261, 314, 336 & 638 Walking distance from Bromley North & Bromley South Train Stations.My practice is located within Bromley Counselling and Beravement Services.
Why should my registered and Accredited status matter to clients?
- I belong on the BACP Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists,it is a public record of therapists who have met the required standards for registration.These standards cover supervision, training, continuing professional development and a contractual commitment to the BACP ethical framework.
- Accreditation is over and above the requirements of registration and demonstrates that the BACP deem me to be a competent and ethical practioner in private practice.
- The main purpose of the register is to protect the public and help you find a therapist you can trust. It aims to reassure clients,employers and the general public that a BACP Registered practitioner,such as myself, adheres to high standards of proficiency,professionalism and good practice.
- the BACP Register was set up in 2012 and was the first psychological therapists' register to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority for Health and Social Care,an independent body accountable to the government it was set up following the Health and Social Care Act 2012,to over see health regulators such as then General Medical Council.It developed the Accredited Register Scheme to quality assure registered practitioners working across a range of social care settings.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I am unable to provide wheelchair access due to the inclines and declines at the location and the difference in floor levels.
MON: 9AM- 8.30PM
TUES: 9AM- 8.30PM
WEEKENDS : CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|