I believe that the therapist / client relationship is the most important aspect of therapy.
As a CLIENT , I will help you to get an understanding of whatever you are struggling with. This could be a relationship ( family, work, or parner) I also have a very good understanding of online dating and how to navigate it!!
As a THERAPIST, I have had a lifetime of working with people. As a nutritionist, running a business and as a police officer. This means that I won't shy away from dealing with difficult topics.
STYLE. I would describe myself as straightforward, down to earth and very honest.
I have a warm, empathic nature and will engage and interact with you during your session.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a psychodynamic therapist. This means that I will aim to give you a better understanding of yourself, patterns of behaviour and the way you relate to others.
- Bsc in Nutrition and dietetics
- 7 years as a police Officer
- Running a business in the Beauty Industry
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human relations and Counselling.
- Charity work for an Edinburgh Mental Health charity
- Therapist for Project 42 in Edinburgh.
- Charity work for Rape Crisis
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Flexible hours Weekend availability.
Types of client