Nina Willis MBACP & MNCS (ACC.)
Qualified Psychotherapist working within the Integrative Approach enabling me to be flexible to the clients needs of different ways of working. I offer a counselling service where a therapeutic relationship will enable you to be heard and supported to find your way through the journey of life.
Having personal therapy at times in our lives when we need to get clarity or acceptance on the various things life can throw at us; in my opinion it is a must for emotional balance. Through counselling you would be able to process incidents from your past that may well still be affecting you in the here and now or look at the fears and anxiety of what life many bring. Whether it is grief, trauma, relationships, addiction or just the problems of life; I am able to offer you a place to work through and process your difficulties and by doing this you enable yourself to move forward and be free to enjoy the present and the future.
I am a registered member of British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy MBACP and also the National Counselling Society MNCS (ACC) and I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practice.
Alongside my private practice I work as a Shared Care Recovery Worker supporting drug & alcohol clients in the community. I previously completed voluntary counselling positions at Mind in Wellingborough and also at Northampton Rape Crisis. I have previously worked with Criminal Justice substance users, teenage homeless and supported vulnerable tenants within the housing system, so have a wealth of experience.
I am based in Barton Seagrave, offering therapy in a well insulated and comfortable log cabin tucked away in my garden. It is within easy reach of the A14 and A45 offering easy access from Wellingborough, Oundle, Thrapston, Rushden, Kettering, Corby and surrounding areas.
If you would like to learn more about how we can work together please do contact me.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Advanced Professional Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Diploma in Anger Management Facilitation (British Association of Anger Management)
- Diploma in Hypnotherapy & Counselling Skills
- TA-101 Certificate
- PICT Foundation in Trauma & Abuse Resolution
- Trauma & Sexual Assault Training
- Safeguarding Children & Child Protection
- Safeguarding Vulnerable Adults
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) Awareness
- Twenty years experience with Twelve Step Recovery
- Good understanding of LGBT
- Twenty years experience of meditation
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Anorexia nervosa
- Attachment disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Twelve Step Programmes
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- All therapy sessions are fifty minutes long costing £40 for individual and £60 for couples.
- Offer discount price for block bookings (6 or 12 week only).
- Student counsellors having therapy as part of their course requirements, discount price £30
- Payment in by card, cash, Paym, prearranged bank transfer or PayPal payment.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Monday 18:00 - 21:00 Tuesday 18:00 - 21:00 Wednesday 19:00 - 21:00 Thursday 19:00 - 21:00 Friday 18:00 - 21:00 Weekends by special arrangement only
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|