Natasha Rozario BA (Hons), Registered MBACP
Kingston Upon Thames
I understand that facing difficulty or distress can leave many of us in a lonely and confusing place. As a qualified psychotherapeutic counsellor, I offer support that can help you deal with issues and emotions you find overwhelming or hard to manage.
I recognise that seeking counselling might feel daunting. Yet by doing so, you could find what you need to enhance your wellbeing and quality of life. That’s been true for clients I have worked with. I believe we can all find the capacity to cope with life’s challenges and live life more fully – having the right support can enable you to do so.
How I can help you
I offer you the opportunity to talk in a therapeutic and confidential environment. I will listen carefully and respond attentively, with warmth and acceptance, so you can feel safe enough to share your thoughts, feelings and experiences. Together, we can explore difficult issues in your life, working at a pace that feels right for you. You will have time and space to consider how you would like your life to be different and options to make change happen.
My counselling approach is integrative-relational. This means I draw from a range of theories in my work - including humanistic and psychodynamic – which allows me to adapt according to what works best for you. It also means that I value the therapeutic relationship I build with you as my client and that’s part of how I’ll work to help you develop greater understanding of yourself and your relationships. I will be alongside you throughout this process, providing support as you use new insights to move forward to a more hopeful place. With growing self-awareness, you will gain greater choice in how to deal with whatever troubles you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I am on the accredited Register of Counsellors and Psychotherapists held by the BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy).
- First-class BA Honours degree in Integrative-Relational Counselling.
- Certificate in Intermediate Counselling Skills.
- Certificate in Brief Therapy.
- Certificate in Coaching Skills.
- Professional development in specialist areas includes: Therapy & Poetry; Working with Bereavement; The Diversity of Loss.
- I have several years’ experience of working with clients in diverse settings, including a GP’s surgery, a workplace wellbeing scheme, a carers’ service and a cancer charity.
- As well as individual counselling, my experience includes therapeutic group work and one-to-one coaching.
- In addition to offering private counselling in Kingston and Twickenham, I volunteer as a counsellor in the charity sector.
- I also hold a BA Honours degree in Philosophy & Literature, which fuelled my interest in the individual human stories that reveal personal responses to the dilemmas we face in life.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer an initial consultation session at £25. After that, the session fee will be higher and will depend on the selected timeslot. We can discuss the fee range when you make contact.
If you’re interested in working with me, an initial consultation session is a useful step. It gives us a chance to talk about your needs and how we can work together. There’s no obligation for you to continue beyond this point, so it’s a good opportunity to see how you feel about working with me as your counsellor.
I am available for short-term counselling as well as longer-term therapy. You can choose how long you want to attend. You can also decide to follow up a short period of counselling (for example 6 or 12 sessions) with further counselling if that would be helpful. I work with clients on a weekly basis, with each session lasting 50 minutes. I offer sessions on weekdays, evenings and Saturdays.
I work from centrally located premises in Kingston Upon Thames and Twickenham, within easy reach of train stations and bus routes.
Please contact me to discuss your needs and how I can help you, or to arrange an initial consultation.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client