We all experience times where we can feel lost, alone and unsure of how to take back control of our life. Our emotions, thoughts, feelings and behaviours can take many forms; I can provide a calm and confidential space to explore these through counselling.
Are you feeling anxious, depressed or stressed? Do you have relationship or family issues which are making you unhappy? Do you feel you can’t move forward from the past? Has an event happened in your life making you feel stuck or overwhelmed? I can help to make sense of what is happening by developing a greater sense of self awareness, being true to yourself and look at more meaningful choices going forward.
I believe the foundation of counselling is the therapeutic relationship between a counsellor and their client. This is built on trust, empathy and non-judgement; creating a relationship which can help awareness and enable meaningful change. I work integratively which means I do not work with just one therapeutic approach but use different techniques which I adapt for your unique needs and the direction you would like to take. This could range from looking at how your past affects you today to changing negative thought patterns which are controlling your life.I am an empathetic and reflective counsellor with a strong positive regard for others.
I currently work as a Counsellor at Farnborough Sixth Form College where I offer counselling to both students and adults. I also work as a Wellbeing Coach for the charity MIND, where I help clients through support groups and individual sessions in developing awareness, insight and resilience around their mental health.
I have helped clients with a wide range of issues including depression, anxiety, stress, mindfulness, low self esteem/self worth, relationship and family problems,betrayal, destructive patterns of behaviour, anger, conflict, self harm, loneliness, loss and coping mechanisms.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Registered member of the BACP
- Diploma in Integrative Counselling
- CPCAB Level 3 certificate in Counselling skills
- CPCAB Level 2 certificate in Counselling Skills
- CPCAB Level 2 award in introduction to Counselling Skills
- Wellbeing Coach for MIND (3 years)
- Counsellor for Farnborough Sixth Form (2 years)
- Certificate in Mental Health First Aid
- Counselling Minded certificates in counselling in Colleges and Universities, Counselling children and young people, developing sexuality and relationships.
- MCCH certificate in Safeguarding Adults Level 1
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Domestic violence
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
Other areas of counselling I deal with
- struggling with mental health
- coping strategies
- trust issues
- exam stress
- Initial 30 minute free assessment session fee
- £40 ph weekday/evenings
- Discounted student rates
- Concessions available (limited availability)
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
weekdays, evenings and weekends
Types of client