Marie O'Neill (PgDip, CMCOSCA)
I am a fully qualified and experienced counsellor, mindfulness teacher and transformational coach, specialising in holistic health, wellness and personal growth.
My integrative approach uses psycho-dynamic and person centred therapy as well as mindfulness and coaching techniques, including NLP (Neuro-Linguistic Programming) and ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy).
You will be supported through your own personal process where you are guided to connect more deeply with yourself, identify your goals and dreams as well as areas where you might be struggling, so that you can be your true self and fulfil your highest potential.
I offer a safe space to make sense of your feelings, thoughts and experiences. I support you to get to know yourself as you really are, so that you can show up fully and live your life authentically. You will be guided to look inwards, to find your own answers and make any changes you feel necessary to your inner and outer life.
This is not a quick fix to a problem, it is a deeply therapeutic transformation, which is likely to affect every area of your life.
Some benefits include:
- Reduced stress
- Improved confidence and self esteem
- More sense of purpose and direction
- Improved relationships with others
- More enjoyment in life
- Increased ability to make decisions and take action
- Freedom from limiting beliefs and fear
- More sense of personal power
- Increased resilience to help you cope with life's ups and downs
With over 15 years experience of working in social care I have counselled people from diverse backgrounds, affected by various issues such as depression, anxiety, disability, addiction, trauma, abuse and criminal justice. I am fully trained in mental health first aid as well as suicide intervention.
I offer sessions at my central Edinburgh office as well as via video call for those who can't attend in person.
If you would like to know more about how I work and if it is right for you, please get in touch. I will be happy to answer any questions over phone or email.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Post graduate Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy from the University of Edinburgh
- 2 year CPD training in Spiritual Care
- Mindfulness Based Life Coaching qualification
- Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) certificate
- Mental Health 1st Aid
- ASIST (Applied Suicide Intervention Training)
- 15 years experience working in social care with people from diverse backgrounds affected by issues like disabilities, mental health, addiction, abuse, trauma, criminal justice, suicide, etc
- Keep Well Health Coaching and Group Facilitation
- Walk Leader Certificate
- Vulnerable Adult & Child Protection Legislation training
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Health and Wellness
Photos & videos
£ 60 per hour (£45 concession)
I also offer Mindfulness courses, empowerment workshops and group coaching programs. Have a look at my website for details.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Daytime, evening and weekend appointments available
Types of client