Maria Jackson MSc, PgDip, MBACP(accred) Supervisior & Trainer. AARC Services Ltd
I am a provider of Adult, Youth and Relationship Counselling services. I primarily support people in North Ayrshire, Glasgow and Renfrewshire. I am fully Qualified and I have thousands of counselling hours and currently counsel, supervise and teach.
Services are available to all regardless of culture, religious belief, age, gender, sexual orientation or economic circumstance.
How can I help?
I can offer a range of services that include Counselling, Psychosocial Education and Supervision for people in the Work Place, or counsellors working with Individuals, Couples or Familes.
You may have problems with personal, relationship, family or work issues, your aim may be general or you may wish help with a specific issue – I can help.
Service is strictly Confidential with your privacy being my priority.
Practising Counsellor Supervision Services offered in addition to above.
Counselling can be helpful in many ways:
Talking to someone in a confidential setting who is not in your personal life.
Feeling less alone while exploring the impact of the issue on your life.
Seeking ways of coping that suit you or investigating the source of the issue.
Finding ways to limit the effect of the issue in your life.
Problems in living can be created by;
Stress, Depression, Anxiety, Bereavement, Relationships, Unemployment, Bullying or Transitions.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Qualified as an Adult, Adolescent and Relationship counsellor, I am a Director of Clinical Practice having previously worked in a team working with 11-18 year olds in a school setting. I also work privately with couples and have thousands of counselling hours within a relationship agency. I offer supervision to both trainee and qualified counsellors and provide specialist training.
My core qualification are;
- MSc Psychotherapy Stirling University
- Post Graduate Diploma in Adult Counselling and Health from Abertay University
- Diploma in Relationship Counselling York St John University/ Marriage Care
- Certificates in Supervision
- Certificate in Facillitating Adult Learning.
As an ethical practitioner MBACP(aacrd.) I undertake a programme of continous learning and development and a such have undertaken training in some specialised areas such as child protection, domestic violence and addictions.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Work-related stress
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I view my practice through an Attachment lens. Youth, Couples, Systemic Practice, Groupwork
Qualified NLP Practitioner. Online Service, Telephone Counselling
Qualified Supervisor. Skype
Counselling Services - Fees
Individual Sessions are £45 per session.
Relationship Counselling £50 per session
Family Counselling with 2 therapists £75 per session (90 minutes)
However, no one should feel they cannot afford to attend. You will always be made welcome and I am prepared to offer a sliding scale depending on individual circumstance.
In most circumstance I would expect clients to find some resolve within 4-6, 50 minute sessions with a review of progress after each session. Frequency of sessions can be flexible and easily negotiated.
I appreciate if cancellations can be made 24hours before an appointment and as such cancellation made within 24hrs may incur cancellation fees.
Supervision Fees are £50 per session
I am experience in using referral pathways or can sign post on to specialist agencies if required.
BACP Membership No. 606731.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
If you have not read my Counselling Profile I would urge you to do so this before you continue reading any further to get a sense of who I am and the experience that I have gained over the last 10 years.