Mabel Doole MBACP (Accred) and Qualified Supervisor
Ask yourself this question what price would you put on happiness and contentment? Let me help you to ‘speak the unspoken’ in order to help you to help yourself
- All relationships from heterosexual to same sex couples have the normal day to day up’s and downs of daily living. Sometimes things can go very wrong and when this happens it’s difficult to talk to each other to find out what’s actually happening. This can be a very scary time with lots of assumptions being made which may result in separation if not dealt with in a professional manner.
- Even if separation is inevitable I can help you cope with the impact this can have on you and also those around you.
- As a skilled relationship counsellor I am trained to assist and provide you with a caring and supportive environment and to help you find a way through your difficulties either face to face or online.
- Even if you are not currently in a relationship and want to explore the possibility of moving forward in life and finding that someone special I can help as well.
- Other areas of counselling support I provide include, trauma, bereavement, low confidence/self esteem, sexuality, depression, emotional abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, stress, work related issues, career guidance.
Now ask the same question again what price would you put on happiness and contentment - don’t suffer in silence.
Types of counselling offered:
- Face to Face
- Online counselling
Face to Face
This type of counselling means that you will come to my private practice in County Down where I will provide you with a confidential and supportive setting where you will be able to explore those difficulties that you are experiencing in your life right now. As an integrative counsellor I will create a climate in which you will begin to get in touch with your own insights and problems so as to have the self-understanding to be able to alter your behaviour and to begin to become much more positive and confident going forward in your life. Each counselling session will last 1 hour and the best way to get the most out of this type of counselling is to regularly attend weekly sessions until you are ready to move on.
Online counselling provides an opportunity to explore difficulties in a confidential, ethical, and supportive manner which may not be available to you in any other context. This method of counselling suits some clients as they can relax at home whilst counselling sessions are carried out via ZOOM.
Advantages of Online Counselling
- You can speak freely about sensitive or embarrassing issues
- You can engage in therapy in the comfort of your own home or in a location where you have access to a computer and are able to ensure your privacy
- Online Counselling can be during the day or evening, at a time to suits you
- It is easily accessible, especially for those who cannot, or choose not to leave their home to seek counselling
You may wish to have telephone counselling as a preference and this can be facilitated when necessary.
It has been my experience that very often individuals and couples delay accessing counselling with their problems/difficulties. The delay is usually to do with trying to deal with the problem through friends and family which ultimately leads to a temporary fix.
Approaches to Counselling
I provide both short-term and long-term counselling in the following approaches
Integrative - Working together we use insights and techniques from different theoretical perspectives
Psychodynamic - Helps you to bring to the surface your true feelings so that you experience and understand them better
Person Centred - Is for you to become able to see yourself as a person with the power and freedom to change and achieve your full potential
Solution Focused - You will be encouraged to focus positively on what you do well. To set goals and work out how to achieve them. It may only take you 3 or 4 sessions to achieve your goal/s.
I have experience in the field of counselling, relationships, families and guidance and trauma over the past 18 years. I work with individuals, groups and couples to include same sex. I provide facilitation workshops to groups. Topics include - team building, career guidance, conflict/war zone and trauma related psychological impact, equality…
Training, qualifications & experience
Queens University, Belfast
MSSc Counselling & Guidance
Advance Diploma Person Centred Counselling
Dublin City University (Relate NI Trained)
Post Graduate Diploma (M) Working with Relationships
Online Training for Counsellors, UK
CPCAB level 6 Supervision
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Antisocial personality disorder
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Avoidant personality disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Borderline personality disorder
- Career counselling
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Dependent personality disorder
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Histrionic personality disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Paranoid personality disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
- Couples counselling
Price on request
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|