I am a UKCP Accredited Systemic Family Psychotherapist working with families, couples and individuals. I qualified from Leeds University with a Master of Science Degree, with experience in providing exceptional treatment for families, couples and individuals experiencing distress affecting their relationships.I currently work in private practice and have many years of experience working with familiies and young adults.
My style is warm and empathetic, and I feel passionately that all family members, couples and individuals who care for each other can access support to help them understand and express difficult emotions safely and make positive changes in their life.
My approach helps people to better understand each other’s needs, and develop strategies to resolve problems. Family therapy is sensitive to family cultures and beliefs, and respectful of the needs of everyone within the family.
The most common problems I work with are stressful and traumatic life events such as, work and school-related problems, divorce and separation, parent-child conflict and illness or death of a loved one. Many other difficulties can be helped by family therapy, these include ADHD, addictions, depression, fostering, adoption and kinship care needs, and any other conditions that may be having a damaging effect on the family life. This makes family therapy useful for times of crisis and long-standing problems that are stressful on the family unit.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered Member of UKCP and adhere to their ethical frameworks. I hold an enhanced DBS.
- Master of Science Degree in Family and Systemic Psychotherapy
- Post Graduate Certificate in Family & Systemic Psychotherapy
- Low intensity therapy supervision training programme
- Certificate in Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Principles and Applications (IAPT extended training)
- Certificate in Neuro Linguistic Programming
- Certificate in Transactional Analysis
- Family Intervention training in family Programmes; Triple-P, Strengthening Families and Mellow Parenting.
- Certificate in adult education training
- Certificate in Counselling Skill
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Drug addiction
- Family issues
- Low self-confidence
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
I offer both short and long term work depending on the issues you present at your initial assessment.
All sessions including the initial assessment last for 55 minutes and will cost;
Individual therapy £55.00
Couple therapy £65.00
Family therapy £75.00
I offer appointments at various locations throughout Northumberland and Newcastle depending on your travel needs.
I am available Evenings and Thursday and Friday daytime.
You can contact me using the following details, please leave a message on my mobile and I will get in touch as soon as possible.
Telephone no: 07939224077
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, evenings and Saturdays
Types of client