Dr Lindsey Nicholson
I provide a private psychology practice for members of the public. I am a Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Registered Clinical Psychologist and member of the British Psychological Society. I provide safe and effective highly specialised psychological assessment and therapy which is tailored to your specific needs. I am experienced in using a variety of evidence-based psychological therapies for which I have received specialist training.
I have 20 years of healthcare experience working with people experiencing emotional distress and psychological difficulties. I have worked in the NHS since 2002; primarily in adult mental health services.
I specialise in adult mental health and have experience of treating a wide array of psychological difficulties, from day to day worries to complex psychological conditions. Some of the common problems I can help with include:
- Self esteem issues/low self confidence
- Body image issues
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Relationship difficulties/difficulties making or sustaining relationships
- Abuse and trauma issues
- Stress management/stress related issues
- Chronic pain
- Anger management
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Sleep problems
- Eating disorders and self harm (depending on severity)
- Adjustment related issues including: bereavement, separation, leaving home, parenthood, redundancy and retirement.
I offer an empathic, respectful and non-judgmental space in which to help you explore and work on your difficulties.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a Registered Clinical Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council. My HCPC number is PYL29644. I have also received training in mindfulness and motivational interviewing.
- Doctorate in Clinical Psychology (D.Clin.Psy) 2012
- Behavioural Family Therapy Accredited Training (Meriden) 2017
- Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing Europe Accredited Training 2016
- BPS Approved Certificate in Clinical Supervision 2015
- Dialectical Behavioural Therapy Accredited Intensive Training 2014
- Certificate in Working with Survivors of Complex Trauma 2014
- Certificate in Assessment of Personality Disorder (IPDE) 2014
- Certificate in Assessment of Psychopathic Personality Disorder (PCL-R) 2013
- BSc (Hons) Psychology 2000
I have worked in healthcare services for 20 years. This includes 3 years working in the private healthcare sector and 17 years working in NHS services. I have worked in a wide variety of services as a psychologist. I have worked in several community mental health services for people with psychosis, eating disorders, mood disorders and anxiety problems. I have worked in inpatient services for adults with severe and enduring mental health problems. I have also worked in community learning disability services and forensic inpatient services for people with mental health problems and people with learning disabilities. I have experience of providing psychological therapies to people in all of these roles.
Registered / Accredited
Being registered/accredited with a professional body means an individual must have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by their member organisation.
Health and Care Professions Council
The HCPC are an independent, UK-wide health regulator. They set standards of professional training, performance and conduct for 16 professions.
They keep a register of health professionals who meet their standards, and they take action if registered health professionals fall below those standards. They were created by a piece of legislation called the Health Professions Order 2001.
Registration means that a health professional meets national standards for their professional training, performance and conduct.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Self funded psychological therapy:
Initial assessment session (60 mins): £85
Therapy session (60 mins): £85
All fees to be paid in advance of each session by bank transfer or cash at the beginning of the session. No hidden costs.
I can offer evening and weekend appointments.