Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
- Please note. From 1st April 2022 my counselling fees will be increasing for single and couples sessions.
- Single £50( if you choose to do video or telephone counselling the price will remain at £45
- Couples £55
- General anxiety disorder ,work stress ,health anxiety, loss of self confidence, couples anxiety, family anxiety, work bullying, bereavement. These are just some of the issues that can have an effect on your day to day living. You just think you need to move on, but for one reason or another you can't, I would like to help you.
My name is Linda Middleton and I am an experienced, qualified Counsellor, and member of the BACP. I also have certification in Restorative Justice and Mediation with Lancashire Police.
I understand how difficult it can feel to pick up the phone or contemplate asking for help, I would like to help you feel at ease. I offer a safe and confidential environment allowing you to explore your concerns, feelings and fears without judgement. I work at your speed, the sessions are your time and I want you to feel comfortable.
In Mediation I have experience with Adults and Children in both Family and Community. I listen to clients of all ages and ethnicity covering a wide range of issues including
- Bereavement and Grief
- Family Issues
- Loss of Confidence
- Low Self-Esteem
- Pregnancy Crisis
Counselling students welcome.
Training, qualifications & experience
- I trained to become a counsellor at the Art of Change in Blackburn, there I completed all levels of Person Centred Counselling and continued to achieve my Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. Since my Diploma I have gone on to work with different therapies. I am a registered member of the BACP, currently working towards my accreditation. I specialise in Bereavement, I have certification in Restorative Justice and training in survivors of sexual abuse and domestic violence, art therapy and many more subjects.
CPCAB Level2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
CPCAB Level3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
CPCAB Level4 Diploma In Therapeutic Counselling
BACP Certificate of Registration
Practitioner in Restorative Justice and Mediation with Lancashire Police
Relationship Training (couples)
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Other areas of counselling I deal with
Work Mediation, Family Mediation , Couples Mediation and Neighbourhood Mediation
£45.00 per session
Free initial telephone or online session
Concessions offered for
My fees are listed below
single counselling £45
Mediation prices available upon request
When I work
- Personal Counselling can help in a many ways when dealing with issues or problems that life can sometimes throw at you. Personal counselling can be focused on the individual's past, immediate or near future concerns.
If you feel you would like to speak with me, please email or phone if I am unavailable please leave a message and I will contact you when I am free.
If you don't think counselling is for you at this time please STAY SAFE!