Linda Davies, LLB, DIP in Counselling, Reg MBACP
Making the choice to begin counselling may be the most empowering thing you can do. I am a BACP registered counsellor working with individuals and couples in a way that is relational, supportive, non-judgemental and confidential.
Maybe it's time to deal with things from the past, to look at challenges which damage your relationships, affect your health, distort your thought patterns and challenge your behaviour, perhaps leading to some of the following:
- anxiety and depression
- relationship difficulties
- health concerns
- workplace stress
- lack of self-esteem
Whatever you are going through you don't have to do this alone. I can provide a safe space for us to talk about and work through some of your most difficult feelings and I will support you in this.
My approach is to give you a caring experience in counselling enabling you talk about the things that worry you and help relieve the anxieties you might face, build resiliance or move towards better relationships. Whatever you are going through we can work towards your goals in therapy at your own pace.
I work with different client groups. Adults, couples, young people and children. My clinical work has included,
- generalized anxiety, stress and depression
- shame, self-esteem, confidence building
- relationship difficulties, divorce, separation and recovery
- chronic pain and ill-health
- suicidal thoughts
- women's issues, including miscarriages, traumatic pregnancies, abortions
- life changes
- childhood sexual abuse, sexual violence
- panic attacks
- autism and spectrum disorders
My experience comes from having worked in a very busy NHS counselling service ,
that dealt with a very large number of referrals from GPs and Primary Care. As such, I was able to work with a wide diversity of people, exploring their difficulties, goals and aspirations.
Since then I have set up and run counselling services for children in schools. I also see a range of clients in my private practice and I work long-term with clients who have experienced the trauma of childhood sexual abuse and committed to support the work of a specialist agency focussed on this client group.
WHY WORK WITH ME
I work collaboratively and tailor the work around you to suit your specific needs.
I am a broad- minded and a reflective counsellor.
Trained to work with relationships. The relationships we have with ourselves and the relationships we have with others, a romantic partner, a family member, a child. Troubled relationships can seriously affect our happiness and steal our joy.
I genuinely believe that counselling is one of the most effective ways of dealing with depression, anxiety and other psychological problems. Counselling with me will give you a chance to gain self-understanding, to explore meaning behind your thoughts and feelings, manage your own reactions, enhance your ability to make positive lasting changes.
Whether as an individual or as a couple, I am able to quietly support you in a way that is warm, respectful and caring. I am committed to helping you develop and achieve the things that matter to you. My aim is always to listen, understand, speak with empathy and interest.
As a Registered Member of BACP (the professional governing body for counsellors), I work in line with their Ethical Framework which promotes high standards and underpins the safety of clients.
Call me on Tel: 07724506620 to tell me about the issues that are troubling you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 4 Diploma in integrative counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in counselling studies
- Level 2 Certificate in counselling skills
- Anxiety and depression
- CPD in Couples counselling (various)
- Post-qualifying training in Mindfulness for stress reduction
- Certificated: Childhood sexual abuse, sexual violence (various)
- Certificated: Domestic violence
- Certificated:Bereavement and loss
- CPD Trauma toolbox - helping survivors with practical interventions
- Understanding Alzheimer's
- CPD Working with adolescents
- CPD Family systems
- CPD Dissociation and Trauma
- CPD Attachment dissorders
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Children’s learning difficulties
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
Other areas of counselling I deal with
I offer couples counselling and help you work through troubled relationships, separation or divorce and moving forward; expressing differences through dialogue and work towards desired outcome.
Often wondered how couples counselling can help?
I can help you explore repeated negative cycles, interactions that can become stuck and the underlying need for security in relationships. I blend together various models, in a way that gives you practical tools and helps you to see how disconnection can arise and how to repair it or achieve the outcome you want.
Relationship issues I work with include;
Dialogue and communication
Unconscious attraction patterns
Cultural differences in relationships
Divorce and the relationship afterwards
Knowing how to separate amicably
Photos & videos
- My fee is £50 per 50 minute session for individuals
- My fee for couples work is £70 for 60 minutes
- I am happy to support students and offer concessions for students and the unwaged. Please call me to discuss.
- Weekends, day time and evening availability
- I have some availability for shift workers
THE NEXT STEP
Why not call me or email me to see whether I am the right counsellor for you. I'd be delighted to offer you an initial assessment without commitment. The initial assessment will help you clarify what problems you have and will give you an idea of what counselling is like with me. If you decide to stay with me I generally offer clients a 6 week block of sessions and will review this after week 4. At the review session we will look at the work done together so far and decide how we want to proceed going forward.
I'm pleased you found my page and thank you for reading this far.
"Start by doing what's necessary; then do what's possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible."
Francis of Assisi
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Weekdays, daytime, evenings and weekends.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|