Laura Tainsh Counselling (Registered & Accredited MBACP)
Hi, I'm Laura and I've been counselling for the last 17 years which has allowed me to work with a variety of clients and issues over the years. I know that trying to choose the right counsellor can be difficult and that the whole idea of counselling itself can seem a little daunting but often it is one of the best choices we can make in life.
Life can sometimes feel like a struggle and it can sometimes feel like there is no way out. You may be experiencing feelings of depression, anxiety. low self esteem or stress. Family or personal relationships may be strained and difficult or you may be suffering from a relationship or marital break up. You may be dealing with a bereavement and feel you have nobody to share your emotions with and are struggling to make sense of it all. You may have suffered from abuse and want to share this with someone. Whatever your issue I will be happy to help and support you through this difficult time. It is often possible to feel low and not be sure exactly why you are feeling that way. Counselling can often help to make sense of things. I offer a professional and confidential counselling service from my own private therapy room in Stirling where there is free on site parking.
How I work?
I work on a one to one basis in a supportive and non judgemental manner allowing you to explore issues with a view to improving your emotional and mental well-being and/or working towards any changes you may wish to make in your life.
It might be something that has happened to you recently or in the past and talking it through with a counsellor could be your first step towards feeling better. It is never too late to start counselling if something is troubling you. Sharing your emotions and exploring sensitive issues can feel daunting but doing this with someone outwith your family or friends can feel a lot easier. I have experience of both short and long term counselling and will work with you in a way that suits your individual needs. I offer face to face sessions and also telephone counselling for those who may find it difficult to attend face to face sessions.
My availability and next steps
As well as daytime appointments I can also offer some evening or weekend appointments if required. I appreciate how hard it is to take that first step but if you want to arrange an appointment or if you have any questions or queries regarding counselling appointments please email, text or call me and I will do my best to answer any queries or concerns and reassure you. If I am unable to answer when you call please leave me a message and I shall get back to you as soon as I can. Your enquiry will be accessed by only me, therefore ensuring confidentiality from the very beginning. You will receive a prompt response and I will always respond within 24 hours of receiving any enquiry.
Recent Client Reviews:
"To say that I was nervous about the thought of counselling is an understatement. It was a thought I had deliberated with for months but as my stress and anxiety was getting worse I decided I had to give it a try. Laura was fantastic, I had told her how nervous I was and she completely put me at ease. The sessions were taken at my pace and I felt I could truly say what I needed to say, no matter how silly or bad and there was no judgement just help. I can honestly say counselling has been one of the best things I have done and because of it myself and my family are so much happier. I can't thank Laura enough for all her help and guidance." (Anon Client, March 2017)
"Laura helped enormously in guiding me through some difficult issues. I found her person-centred approach very warm, open and flexible and I always felt able to be completely honest in counselling sessions. Her counselling space is calm, peaceful and comfortable too. I would not hesitate to recommend her!" (Anon Client, January 2016)
"I chose counselling as my preferred option to deal with things and Laura was the person I picked to take this on with. To say I was apprehensive about doing it was an understatement, however, I pushed myself to go and try it out. Once I got into talking, I found I had so much to get out, it was quite surprising really. I discussed a whole spectrum of things about myself. I found the more and more I spoke about them, the less they bothered me and it was better out than built up inside. I felt a lot calmer in life, my outlook was different and I genuinely looked forward to the next visit. For me personally, it was one of the best things I've ever done. The non-judgmental and openness of Laura's personality made it easy for me to adjust to these sessions having felt awkward going in the first place. My only regret is that I didn't do it sooner." (Anon Client, Feb 2015)
"Laura provided a comforting and professional ear in a safe and friendly environment that allowed me to explore the issues I needed to discuss. Laura is empathetic and understanding and non-judgemental. She also brought a fresh perspective to the challenges I was facing and allowed me to confront my emotions without fear.Thanks again for all your help Laura!" (Anon Client, March 2015)
Training, qualifications & experience
- I have a Post Graduate Diploma in Counselling from the University of Strathclyde.
- I am a Registered Accredited Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
- I can be found on the BACP Register which shows I have been trained to a recognised standard on an accredited course and that I work in an ethical way.
- I have over 15 years counselling experience ranging from primary care working within GP surgeries to the voluntary sector and further education colleges.
- I have experience of working with a wide range of issues including anxiety, depression, stress, illness, relationship and family issues, bereavement and loss plus many others.
- Within my private practice I also offer supervision to other counsellors and trainee counsellors.
- I have experience in working with various Employee Assistance Programmes.
- I work within the BACP Ethical Framework for Good Practice where I receive regular Professional Supervision and Continuous Professional Development.
Accredited register membership
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Bipolar disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Panic attacks
- Physical abuse
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
Photos & videos
My hourly counselling fee is £40. Payment can be made by cash or cheque at the end of each session. Unfortunately, I do not have a facility for card payments.
- My premises have full wheelchair access/facilities and free on site parking.
- I offer counselling on an individual basis only and whilst I work with relationship and/or family issues I do not see couples or families together.
- I work with clients aged 16 years and over.
- Please note that any appointments cancelled with less than 24 hours notice may be charged for at the full session fee.
- I am registered as a Data Controller under the Data Protection Act 1998. Registration Number: A8110016. This ensures that any personal information I hold is kept securely and processed in a lawful manner which complies with requirements of the Act.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
|Wheelchair user access:||Yes|
My counselling premises are fully wheelchair accessible with a disabled toilet and 2 dedicated disabled parking spaces outside the building.
I offer daytime & evening appointments. Weekend appointments can be arranged if necessary. Please contact me and we can arrange an appointment time to suit you.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|
Supervision & training
As a supervisor, my aim is to offer supervision sessions in a safe and supportive environment allowing counsellors a space to explore freely their counselling practice as well as any concerns or issues they may have.View supervision profile