Kate Stewart - Dip HC, MBACP
Hi, I'm Kate and I am a qualified Counsellor based in Farnborough, Hampshire.
When life gets tough, it can really help to talk to a neutral person other than a family member or friend.
I offer empathic, warm support to young people and adults, providing a confidential, non-judgemental and safe environment, this helps enable you too feel listened too and secure in the surroundings I work in. I feel it is important to gain a good therapeutic working relationship within our sessions together, as this promotes trust in the room and a foundation to help you achieve your goals and challenges in life.
My counselling training is humanistic, I like to integrate other counselling theories to help meet your needs that you may require throughout our sessions together. I look at everyone as individual with different thoughts and feelings. I feel it helps to use all the theories I have trained in to suit your requirements, I like to think of it as tailor making our sessions for you.
Therapy isn't always an easy process, talking about your thoughts and feelings you have can be tough. Counselling can really help you gain a better understanding of yourself and what is troubling you. Having personal, professional support, you can gain perspective within your life and help you to make any necessary change.
How to get in contact:
Please email me any questions you may have, we can also arrange a time to speak over the phone where we can discuss any concerns you may have, you can then decide to make an appointment to come and see me, this really helps as you can get a feel if I would be the right person for you.
Training, qualifications & experience
I am a registered member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) and I work within their Ethical Framework for Good Practice. Having an Ethical Framework helps to protect you as my Client as well as helping to protect myself as your Counsellor insuring that all is safe.
- ACL Certificate of attendance - Introduction to Counselling - Rodborough School, Godalming
- CPCAB Counselling and Psychotherapy central awarding body - Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills - Farnborough College of Technology
- CPCAB Counselling and Psychotherapy awarding body - Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies - Basingstoke College of Technology
- ABC Awards - Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling - Basingstoke College of Technology
- Fully insured and hold a DBS check.
- Samaritans, Farnborough - Listening Volunteer
- 1-2-1 Hart Youth Counselling - 3 years with over 100 counselling hours experience gained in working with 16-24 year olds
Personal Development Courses Attended:
- Working with Young People. 2016
- Working Creatively. 2016
- Bereavement and loss. 2017
- Working as a counsellor with EAP's. 2017
- Systemic work and Genograms. 2017
- Dealing with children, young people and Trauma. 2017
- Increasing Attunement for a Secure Alliance in the Counselling of Children. 2017
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Asperger's syndrome
- Attachment disorder
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Career counselling
- Carer support
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Gender dysphoria
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Narcissistic personality disorder
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Obsessive-compulsive personality disorder
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Personality disorders
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Pregnancy and birth
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Sex addiction
- Sex problems
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Tourette's syndrome
- Work-related stress
- Young carers
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Family/systemic therapy
- Humanistic therapies
My counselling fee is £45 per session.
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
If you are a wheelchair user please telephone or email me to discuss access to where I practice.
Monday - Friday 9am to 8pm
Weekend appointments are available.
Types of client