Karolina Standing MBACP Dip.Couns
How do you know who is the right counsellor for you? It can seem like a minefield with sometimes hundreds to choose from. I offer a free 30 minute telephone consultation to help you decide, so you are then able to make an in informed decision. We all make choices everyday sometimes without much effort but this one does require more consideration. What I can guarantee is that you will receive a counselling experience tailored to your needs, one that will be respectful and non-judgemental, professional at all times yet personal all in a safe and confidential space. So If you would like to feel listened to and understood without fear of judgement or rejection. If you would like to work out how to move forward and improve yourself and your problem then please contact me.
Are you feeling stuck?
* Does Anxiety feel like it controls you?
* Is Depression preventing you from enjoying things?
* Does everyday feel like a struggle?
It's time to take action
* Would you like to feel back in control of yourself and your life
* Would you like to work on being free of anxiety or depression?
* Would you like to feel happy again?
Just consider this for a moment...
We'll go to the doctor when we feel unwell physically: sore throat, flu, bad cough. So why don’t we see a health professional when we feel emotional pain: guilt, loss or loneliness - if we are feeling sad or having relationship issues or family issues, breakups/divorce or family betrayal, there are too many to mention all of them, but we can all be affected in some way. Too many of us deal with common psychological-health issues on our own, but we don’t have to. We can go and see someone, someone who will be able to understand our situation and help. Emotional health is as important as breaking your leg and you certainly wouldn't leave that untreated, would you? You would go and see the doctor, that trained professional who you know and trust will help you.
I focus on working with you, to help you feel at ease and comfortable when coming to counselling. If you feel nervous or anxious about attending counselling this is also something we can work on and help you feel more relaxed about. I possess a natural quality that helps people feel at ease, which is great for a potential client seeking counselling who may be feeling anxious about seeing a counsellor and what it entails.
I am a fully qualified Integrative Counsellor. This means I use different approaches to counselling. I am also a member of the BACP.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Level 5 Diploma in Counselling Children and Adolescence (current)
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling
- Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Studies
- Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills
I have also completed courses in:
- Substance Misuse
- Working with Loss and Bereavement
- Understanding Anxiety
- Understanding Depression
- Understanding Stress
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anger management
- Attachment disorder
- Attachment disorder in children
- Behaviour problems
- Bipolar disorder
- Body dysmorphic disorder
- Child related issues
- Childhood bereavement
- Childhood bullying
- Depression and anxiety in children
- Domestic violence
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Feeling sad
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Health anxiety
- Hearing voices
- Internet addiction
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Physical abuse
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Postnatal depression
- Relationship problems
- Seasonal affective disorder (SAD)
- Separation and divorce
- Separation anxiety
- Sexual abuse
- Suicidal thoughts
- Work-related stress
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Existential therapy
- Gestalt therapy
- Adult Sessions 50 mins - £45
- Children and Young people sessions are 30 - 50 mins -£30-£40
- Counselling Students session £30
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
Types of client