BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling MBACP Registered
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently
verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
Welcome and thank you for taking the time to read my profile. I am an experienced and qualified (BA Hons), Individual and Couple Counsellor in Chichester, Portsmouth and Westbourne.
I see clients In Person and also Online via Zoom.
I am also the Co-founder and Partner of Portsmouth Therapy Partnership http://portsmouth-therapy.co.uk/
I have much experience of working with clients with many different issues including anxiety, anger, stress, depression, bereavement, relationship difficulties, low self esteem and addictions.
As a Counsellor and also as a person on my own personal journey I am continually made aware that we all experience challenges and difficulties in our lives and it is by working through these that we continue to develop and grow.
Many people choose to see me to find a way through their distressing work or personal issues in a professional, safe and confidential environment so that they can begin to make new choices, let go of the past – when it is no longer helpful, learn new skills and move forward with their lives.
I work within the Humanistic model of counselling which centres on valuing and appreciating you as a person and focusing on your personal development. It is important that you feel comfortable working with me as our therapeutic relationship will be the foundation for your therapy being effective.
I have had extensive and ongoing training and supervision in ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy)
ACT offers a very effective, evidence based and practical approach to help you move your life in the direction towards your values and all that is important to you. ACT can help you to unhook from unhelpful thinking patterns by developing mindfulness skills and making room for uncomfortable feelings to come and go, so that you can take action to lead a rich, full and meaningful life.
Training, qualifications & experience
Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy - MBACP
BA Hons Humanistic Counselling
Chichester College - Certificate Counselling Skills
University of Chichester - Diploma Humanistic Counselling
University of Chichester - Degree BA (Hons) Humanistic Counselling
- Diploma (NLP) Neuro Linguistic Programming (INLPTA)
- Diploma (NLP) Life coaching (INLPTA)
- Working with Addiction – Sussex Alcohol & Substance use Service (SASS)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST)
- Foundations of CBT (CBT with Heart) – (Hemmings Field Associates)
- Introductory Cert in Trauma Therapy (Wealden College)
- Diploma in Trauma Therapy (Wealden College) – Final Award on completion of course work
- Teaching Clients Mindfulness Skills (Grey Rock)
Couple Counselling Training
- Cert Couple Counselling (Basingstoke Counselling Service
- Cert Couple and Family Counselling (Wealden Institute)
- Cert Couple Counselling (The Link Centre)
- Cert Couple Counselling – Separation, Divorce & Beyond (Solent Group for Psychotherapists & Counsellors)
- ACT (Acceptance Commitment Therapy) Training
- ACT – Introductory Cert (Evolve Training & Therapy)
- ACT – Intermediate Cert – Dr Russ Harris (Contextual Consulting)
- ACT – Advanced Cert – Dr Russ Harris (Contextual Consulting)
- ACT – Brief Intervention – Kirk Stosahl & Patricia Robinson (Contextual Consulting)
- ACT – Intermediate Self Esteem Cert – Joe Oliver & Richard Bennett (Contextual Consulting)
- ACT – Advanced – Steve Hayes (Contextual Consulting)
- ACT – Matrix – Benjamin Schoendorff – (Contextual Consulting)
- ACT - Cert Anxiety & Depression - Russ Harris - (Contextual Consulting
- ACT - Experiential Client Work - Robyn Walser & Matt Villatte (ACBS)
- RFT - Cert Relational Frame Theory - J Oliver & R Bennett (Contextual Consulting)
- ACT & RFT - Cert Mastering the Clinical Conversation - Matt Villatte (Contextual Consulting)
- ACT - Cert Master Class - Robyn Walser (Contextual Consulting)
ACT - Cert Trauma and Mindfulness - Russ Harris (Psychwire)
- ACT - Cert Working with Grief - Dr Ray Owen
- ACT - Cert FACT (Focused ACT for brief intervention - Russ Harris (Psychwire)
I qualified as a counsellor in 2006. Prior to setting up my private counselling practice I worked as a counsellor for students in a secondary school, for a general counselling service for adults in West Sussex and within the field of addiction. I have also worked as a helpline counsellor for a major Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) provider.
In addition I have wide experience as a counsellor for adults at a Carers Support Service, where I also set up and ran an Emotional Support Line and as a Dementia Carers support group facilitator and workshop provider and trainer.
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy (BACP)
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
Concessions offered for
- Individuals - £55.00 per 50 minute session
- Couples - £65.00 per 50 minute session
- Students and low income individual session £50.00
When I work
Westbourne - Mon 1.00pm - 6.00pm Portsmouth - Tues 10.00am - 7.00pm Portsmouth - Weds 10.00am - 7.00pm Chichester - Thurs 11.00am - 6.00pm