Karen Page BA Hons Diploma. Registered Member BACP
- I believe that everyone has the potential to live happy and fullfilling lives and that sometimes life itself can get in the way. My aim is to support clients and enable them to become self-sufficient, resiliant, and be more confident to deal with the every day challenges life presents. I use mindfulness techniques to help manage stress and depression along side CBT to enable clients to view their circumstances in a more positive way.
- I work predominantly from a person centred model and draw on other models and techniques depending on the clients needs. I offer a safe and confidential environment that provides a space for clients to express and explore fully any issues presently in their life.
- I taught counselling from Level 1 through to Diploma level for four years and therefore have a very in depth knowledge of how to work with clients to give them the best experience. I will be along side you as you begin your journey of self discovery and support you when the journey becomes difficult. If you have an issues that is causing you distress it may feel daunting to tackel it on your own. Shareing it with someone in a safe and confidential place where there is no judement can in itself ease the pressure and enable you to move forward.
- As a school counsellor i worked with young people between the ages of 11 and 16. I did one to one counselling and group work on confidence building, bullying and peer mentoring. The issues raised ranged from the above issues and also domestic violence, sexual/physical abuse, self-harm, eating disorders and many others. Sometimes it was fear of exams and what sort of future lay ahead for them.
- No judgement, no repercussions not a friend nor a family member. I would be along side you in your journey, supporting and enabling you for as long as you want me to be.
- I am a registered therapist with the BACP details of which you can find on the BACP register website.
'When i first got in touch with Karen, i felt like my whole world had been turned upside down and i had no idea what to do about it. I had never been to a counselling session before and i was unsure what to expect. I was pleasantly surprised. Karen listened to my (often incoherent) ramblings with empathy and without judgement. This quickly helped me to feel totally at ease to speak freely and honestly, even about difficult or painful matters. Over a relatively short time, her non-threatening, kind and supportive nature has helped me make massive progress in dealing with my situation. I genuinely don't know how i would have coped these last few months without her. Thank you Karen!'
'Karen supported me a lot through my recovery journey of distress and anxiety, she helped me to think about situations and life choices in a different way and more importantly self-esteem awareness. We also discussed strategies to increase my confidence and recognise my self-worth. Her sessions always made me feel calm and reassured. Karen is extremely trust worthy and professional, knowledgeable of her job and understanding. I felt she understood me straight away which allowed me to overcome worries and emotions quicker than i thought i would. I have recommended Karen to others and will continue to do so. She is fantastic!!'
'Since attending sessions with Karen I have found myself in a position with her invaluable support to be able to challenge beliefs that I held for nigh on a life time. Her approachable manner and open demeanour enabled me to move forward with renewed confidence with my life. When I first contacted Karen I was in an extremely dark place having suffered significant losses in my life which had rocked me to the core. gradually and gently Karen supported me to explore areas in my life that I had previously avoided and view change as a positive and exciting thing rather rather than something to fear. Her homework tasks were manageable even when I was in the grip of extreme anxiety. I am eternally grateful for Karen's unique and personable approach and felt that despite having had previous counselling she really helped to get me to a place where I enjoy life.'
'Karen ia a highly skilled counsellor who has really helped me gain control of my life through her insight, perception and understanding. Through her probing questions and sympathetic style, she has enabled me to deal with situations much more clearly. She listens intently, challenges negative behaviour and then provides very useful coping strategies, which actually work when put into practice! I would recommend Karen particularly to anyone who is experiencing anxiety or depression. During my weekly sessions i felt safe and comfortable so that i was able to express my true feelings. Karen enabled me not to be afraid of my intense emotions of anger, sadness and despair but rather to embrace them in a positive way and accept that was how i was feeling at the time, knowing that eventually it would pass. My counselling sessions were always extremely beneficial and i have a lot to thank Karen for in being able to constructively move on with my life in a positive and healthy way'
'On our first meeting, the first words i said to Karen were, "I want to know what good looks like." I have always considered myself to be a down to earth, organised, in-control professional, who knew her own mind, however,I'd got to a place in my life where i was so confused i couldn't see the wood from the trees. Karen sat quietly and let me talk through everything that was going through my head, sometimes, in no particular order. She listened intently, sometimes replaying things I"d said on previous sessions and challenged me in a very gentle yet firm way. She allowed me to draw my own conclusions from the thoughts and feelings i was having and has given me back the strength to move forward in life. Since meeting Karen I am back in control of life, the good and the bad, I have the tool kit to deal with challenges that come my way and am stronger now than i have been for a very long time. Thank you Karen you are an inspiration.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in Couples Counselling
Certificate in Education Post Compulsory (2008) University of Portsmouth
Humanistic Diploma in Counselling (2002) University of Chichester
Level Four Key Skills in Working With Others (2008) NCFE
Certificate in Further Counselling Skills (1998) NCFE
Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills (1998) NCFE
In my 18 years of experience of working within the counselling profession, I have worked along side many clients with issues such as,
- Domestic violence
- Confidence building
- Self development
- Self harm
- Easting disorders
- Couples counselling
I have taught Counselling courses to students at Southdowns College from Level 1 to Diploma (2005-2009) were i was also the joint course manager.
I was a school counsellor between (2003/2006) working with 11-16 year olds.
Involved with a domestic violence support project in Portsmouth (2002/2003).
British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy
BACP is one of the UK’s largest professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy. Therapists registered with the Association fall into a number of different membership categories such as Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP and Registered Member MBACP (Accred), each standing for different levels of training and experience. MBACP (Accred) and MBACP (Snr Accred) members have achieved a substantial level of training and experience approved by the Association.
Registered members can be found on the BACP Register, which was the first register to achieve Accredited Voluntary Register status issued by the Professional Standards Authority. Individual Members will have completed an appropriate counselling and/or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but will not appear on the BACP Register until they've progressed to Registered Member MBACP status.
All members are bound by a Code of Ethics & Practice and a Complaints Procedure. Accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
Accredited register membership
Accredited Register Scheme
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
My fees are:
£50.00 per 60 min session.
£65.00 per 60 min session for couples £75 for an hour and half