Karen Page BA Hons Diploma. Registered Member BACP
2 Hilltop Gardens
07771881668 / 07771881668
- I believe that everyone has the potential to live happy and fullfilling lives and that sometimes life itself can get in the way. My aim is to support clients and enable them to become self-sufficient, resiliant, and be more confident to deal with the every day challenges life presents.
- I work predominantly from a person centred model and draw on other models and techniques depending on the clients needs. I offer a safe and confidential environment that provides a space for clients to express and explore fully any issues presently in their life.
- I taught counselling from Level 1 through to Diploma level for four years and therefore have a very in depth knowledge of how to work with clients to give them the best experience. I will be along side you as you begin your journey of self discovery and support you when the journey becomes difficult. If you have an issues that is causing you distress it may feel daunting to tackel it on your own. Shareing it with someone in a safe and confidential place where there is no judement can in itself ease the pressure and enable you to move forward.
- As a school counsellor i worked with young people between the ages of 11 and 16. I did one to one counselling and group work on confidence building, bullying and peer mentoring. The issues raised ranged from the above issues and also domestic violence, sexual/physical abuse, self-harm, eating disorders and many others. Sometimes it was fear of exams and what sort of future lay ahead for them.
- No judgement, no repercussions not a friend nor a family member. I would be along side you in your journey, supporting and enabling you for as long as you want me to be.
- I am a registered therapist with the BACP details of which you can find on the BACP register website.
Training, qualifications & experience
Certificate in Couples Counselling
Certificate in Education Post Compulsory (2008) University of Portsmouth
Humanistic Diploma in Counselling (2002) University of Chichester
Level Four Key Skills in Working With Others (2008) NCFE
Certificate in Further Counselling Skills (1998) NCFE
Certificate in Basic Counselling Skills (1998) NCFE
In my 18 years of experience of working within the counselling profession, I have worked along side many clients with issues such as,
- Domestic violence
- Confidence building
- Self development
- Self harm
- Easting disorders
I have taught Counselling courses to students at Southdowns College from Level 1 to Diploma (2005-2009) were i was also the joint course manager.
I was a school counsellor between (2003/2006) working with 11-16 year olds.
Involved with a domestic violence support project in Portsmouth (2002/2003).
Areas of counselling I deal with
- Affairs and betrayals
- Anorexia nervosa
- Asperger's syndrome
- Binge-eating disorder
- Bulimia nervosa
- Carer support
- Child related issues
- Chronic fatigue syndrome/ME
- Domestic violence
- Drug abuse
- Eating disorders
- Emotional abuse
- Family issues
- Generalised anxiety disorder
- Internet addiction
- Learning difficulties
- Low self-confidence
- Low self-esteem
- Obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD)
- Panic disorder
- Passive aggressive behaviour
- Behavioural therapy
- Cognitive and behavioural therapies
- Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)
- Cognitive therapy
My fees are:
£50.00 per hourly 60 min session.
£60.00 per hourly 60 min session for couples £75 for an hour and half
Maps & Directions
Type of session
|Face to face counselling:||Yes|
I work Tuesday to Thursday and offer both daytime and evening sessions.
Types of client
|Employee Assistance Programme|