Every professional displayed on Counselling Directory has been independently verified by our team to ensure they have suitable credentials to practise.
This professional is available for new clients.
This professional is available for new clients.
Hello, my name is Kadija and I am an integrative counsellor and bereavement specialist. I use various approaches to work with my clients, including the Humanistic Approach, Psychodynamic and Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT). I am non-judgemental and always use my empathic understanding to be in my clients world.
I can help you to explore deeper, which can lead to self-discovery and help to change old negative perceptions, thoughts and behaviours, to new and fresh ways of thinking and behaving, with a new way of seeing the world around you.
As a counsellor, I have always been lucky to interact quickly with my clients, which makes it easier for them to confide in me and in turn helps them to overcome various challenges and different mental health conditions, such as anxiety, depression, phobias, trauma, post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and more.
I work privately at my therapy clinic at, 78-80 Borough High St, London SE1 ILL. However, I am willing to meet elderly and disabled clients in their homes. My working hours are, 10am to 8pm Mondays to Fridays and 11am to 7pm Saturdays and Sundays.
If you have any questions or you would like to book a session, then please feel free to get in touch just here or give me a call on 07837 758829 - I'll look forward to hearing from you.
Training, qualifications & experience
- Bachelor of science degree in Health and Social Care Management (University of Sunderland 10- 2018- 10-2019)
- Diploma in therapeutic counselling (a vocationally-related qualified accredited by the regulatory authorities for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland) 05/11/2013
- Certificate in Counselling Studies (a vocationally-related qualification accredited by the regulatory authorities for England, Wales and Northern Ireland) 19/07/2011
- Certificate in Counselling Skills (a vocationally-related qualification accredited by the regulatory authorities for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland) 09/08/2010
- Introduction to Counselling Skills for Helping Roles (a vocationally-related qualification accredited by the regulatory authority for England, Wales, and Northern Ireland) 06/02/2006
- Diploma in CBT/REBT, presented by CCBT, Candidate Number 1348) 04/102014
- Certificate of attendance on a Single Session Integrative CBT that represents 12 CPD training hours, 16/17 April 2015 (SDS Seminars Ltd, with Professor Windy Dryden)
- Certificate of 30 hours of Bereavement Training, presented by Lewisham Bereavement Counselling, Registered Charity 298997).
- Level 1: Certificate in Understanding Islamic Counselling
- Level 2: Certificate in Understanding your Heart, Mind and Soul, Presented by MFM MUSLIM FAMILY MATTERS, 13/06/2013.
- Certificate of Infection Control, Confidentiality, Equality and Diversity, Mental Health Awareness, Presented by Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust.
Registered Member of the BACP.
BACP is one of the UK’s leading professional bodies for counselling and psychotherapy with around 60,000 members. The Association has several different categories of membership, including Student Member, Individual Member, Registered Member MBACP, Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Accred) and Senior Registered Accredited Member MBACP (Snr Acccred).
Registered and accredited members are listed on the BACP Register, which shows that they have demonstrated BACP’s recommended standards for training, proficiency and ethical practice. The BACP Register was the first register of psychological therapists to be accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
Accredited and senior accredited membership are voluntary categories for members who choose to undertake a rigorous application and assessment process to demonstrate additional standards around practice, training and supervision.
Individual members will have completed an appropriate counselling or psychotherapy course and started to practise, but they won’t appear on the BACP Register until they've demonstrated that they meet the standards for registration. Student members are still in the process of completing their training.
All members are bound by the BACP Ethical Framework and a Professional Conduct Procedure.
Accredited register membership
The Accredited Register Scheme was set up in 2013 by the Department of Health (DoH) as a way to recognise organisations that hold voluntary registers which meet certain standards. These standards are set by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA).
This therapist has indicated that they belong to an Accredited Register.
Areas of counselling I deal with
£50.00 - £90.00
£50 for individuals
£90 for couples
£100 per family.
When I work
Monday to Friday 10am to 20pm
Saturday to Sunday 11am to 19pm
My experiences of counselling and psychotherapy has inspired me with a positive perception, and has enabled me to be self-aware. Counselling has also helped me to feel supported with a freedom to express myself safely.
Another great concept of counselling is, once we believe that change can occur, then we are on the right track.
My duties as a counsellor are:
- to develop suitable plans that suits clients
- active listening and responding skills
- establish trust and interact with clients
- identifying problems and finding solutions
- monitoring clients' response and looking for signs of improvement
- as well as continuing professional developments by attending training and workshops.
My key skills and competence are: patience with a calm and mature attitude, having a person centred approach towards counselling, ability to instantly analyse problems and raise awareness, experience of working with diversity, bilingual (English and French).